The Town

The morning commenced as it always did for Gumball: Bright and early.

He was always one of the first to rise for the early morning hours to begin his start to the day. It was a habit he had acquired over the years working at the Rainbow Factory, and during this tropical vacation he wanted to be sure his family had a lovely breakfast to awake to. He slowly crept out of the hotel room they were staying in and made his way towards the receptionist desk, where a clerk was standing. 

Gumball quickly gave a warm smile and a greeting.

"Hi, would you happen to know where the dining hall would be?"

Gumball asked in a friendly and warm tone, as the anthro elephant clerk slowly rose their head.

"Oh-uh wha? *Yawn* it's been a long night getting all of you guys rooms....we've never had such an influx of guests before like this, forgive my less than adequate service sir."

The elephant was fatigued as he let the words out from his mouth. Gumball chuckled and quickly reassured the male elephant.

"It's quite alright, I just got up and am attempting to gather my mental belongings as well. If anything, I might get lost trying to scrounge up some breakfast for my family."

Gumball stated, as the elephant perked his ears up in realization of who was speaking to him.

"Oh my goodness! You're Gumball Watterson! The town has heard so much about your legend with Mayor Rob, and how you both saved Elmore as we know it!"

The elephant was jubilant in his remarks and expressions of gratitude, as Gumball scratched the back of his neck; humbled by the words of the elephant receptionist.

"Well....uh, heh, there were a few friends and family along the way that helped us out on that fateful day, and if anything it was Rob who should be credited the most. He was the one who tried to warn us all and we wouldn't listen...."

As Gumball finished his sentence, his ears drooped at the memories of when Rob tried and attempted desperately to warn him of the impending danger of Elmore's demise to the void, and his immaturity being a kid at the time blocking out any sound and rational advice from anyone.

Suddenly, the blue cat was snapped back to reality by the elephant clerk placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Rob cited the same reasoning when he brought up you two as a duo....he couldn't have done it without you!"

Gumball once again let a small smile slip from his face and his ears once again perked up.

"Thank you for those kind words....now, would you mind pointing me in the direction of the dining room please?"

Gumball asked in a kind tone, as the elephant soon snapped back to the initial question and reason for the entire conversation at hand.

"Oh! Sorry about that, yes the dining room is just down the hallway to your right there. Keep heading down the hallway until you approach two large white doors with brass door handles, you cannot miss it!"

The elephant explained, as Gumball nodded.

"Thanks!"

================================================================================

Gumball continued down the extended length of the hallway towards the dining hall, the hotel was still very dormant and tranquil with it being the early hours of the morning. The elephant's praises repeatedly played back in his subconscious of all those years ago with Rob. He never had the chance to say goodbye to Rob, their alliance and friendship abruptly ended with Rob sacrificing himself to stop the void from swallowing Elmore and the multiverse. But how did Rob return? How did he manage to create a town and bring back those who were lost to the void from Elmore?