The Fairies

The next morning for Gumball and the rest of the Watterson family was rather spontaneous. Every last member knew that they were one step away from reaching home again. After all they had endured on this vacation....there was just one more obstacle they had to climb together.

Gumball was walking at a swift pace down the street, as he passed Watterson after Watterson on his way to the front of the group.

Tristan was swiftly jogging to reach the front to catch up to his father.

"Hey Dad! Wait up!"

Gumball quickly turned around to see his son running, attempting to make pace with his father.

"Oh, hey Tristan! What's up?"

Tristan stood in place for a moment, regaining his composure and stamina once again before speaking.

"You've....been acting a little odd ever since this morning! You hardly said a word during breakfast, and when everyone was getting ready...you were in the corner preparing alone....are you okay?"

Tristan asked, as Gumball returned a warm smile to the small blue feline.

"Oh....I see....well I'm sorry for giving you that worry and concern Tristan. I....guess I have been anticipating seeing your Mother and Sister again....and returning back to Little Elmore; and eventually....home."

Tristan returned with a warm smile as Gumball finished his remarks, and placed his paw within his father's; grasping it tightly.

"Hey, it's okay Dad....I'm anxious about seeing them too and returning home...it's been a long adventure here, but guess what?"

Gumball perked his ears upwards accompanied by a smile, as he held his son's paw with a gentle grasp.

"What, little man?"

"None of us would have ever been able to make it this far without you being here! You've held our family together through thick and thin, and...you're the best son, grandson, brother....and Dad any of us could ask for!"

Tristan exclaimed with enthusiasm, as Gumball's eyes widened with this outpouring of admiration and words of kindness and affection from Tristan.

"Wow....Tristan I....don't know what to say...thank you...that really means a lot for you to say that to me!"

Before Gumball could say anything else through his restrained and choked up emotions, Tristan quickly jumped into his father's arms for a tight hug.

"You will get us home Dad....I know you will...I love you."

Tristan spoke softly, as tears started to stream down his fur slowly; as Gumball's own emotions commenced a flurry of affection start to pour out of the larger blue feline.

Gumball returned the tight embrace, as both Father and son shared a few moments of bonding.

"I love you too little man....more than you will ever know."

As Gumball held and stroked his son's head, a soft cooing could be heard from the kitten.

Gumball recognized this sound when he was still a newborn, which was signature to his son when he felt a sense of happiness and warmth.

Gumball reciprocated these feelings, and joined in on his son's cooing with a deeper purr, one that the larger feline used to do with his mother when he himself was a kitten; usually when he looked to her for safety in a thunderstorm.

As the brief moments passed, a soft sniffling could be heard next to the two felines.

Gumball and Tristan soon disengaged their hug, and turned to see none other than Nicole standing in front of them softly crying.