The Island

The moon still shimmering over the calm sea, Penny lifted her head off of Gumball's shoulder and glanced at her watch.

"Oh my Goodness honey, it's midnight! We better get back to our cabin before the kids get worried sick about where we are!"

Gumball smiled.

"No worries Penny, I told them that we were just going for a little evening stroll, plus they're watching their favorite movies on the television."

Penny smiled.

"Awww thank you so much homey, I knew I could count on you!"

The fairy giving an enthusiastic tone to her remark, as she leaned into the blue feline's shoulder once again; walking along the boardwalk towards the cabins. 

"You sure you don't want to stay out here for a little while longer?"

Gumball asked the yellow fairy, as she assessed her surroundings for a bit.

"It is a rather tranquil night, but I think we should spend the rest of the night with the kids; it's their vacation too. I'm sure they'd love to spend time with us for a late night movie."

Penny exclaimed, as Gumball brandished a grin showing his canine tooth.

"That's one of the many reasons I married you, always considerate of others."

Gumball stated, as Penny blushed.

"Are you sure it wasn't because you were just madly in love ever since you laid eyes on me?"

Penny asked, as Gumball gave a raised eyebrow at the accusation.

"My lovely wife how could one so fair as I, be so blinded by just your physical appearance?"

Gumball giving a sarcastic and sophisticated demeanor to his tone, as Penny now raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Well my knight in shining armor....you did have a tendency to have a...barrier to details."

Penny had a slightly smug inflection to her statement, as Gumball now had a confused look on his face.

"Oh...how so?"

The blue feline was curious now as he asked the fairy. Penny soon placed a finger to her chin, as she began to recall past events.

"Remember when you had me trek through a barren desert and accidentally had blueberries in my ice cream?"

Penny asked, as Gumball's eyes opened wide with realization; his cheeks now red also with embarrassment.

"Oh, heh.....that is a fair point. Perhaps I did miss some crucial details about you as a kid. Sorry about that Penny..."

Gumball stated, as his ears drooped in sadness at recollection of the memories. Guilt now beginning to overflow within in him for having Penny endure through his juvenile recklessness. 

Sensing this, Penny placed her hand on Gumball's cheek.

"But I couldn't have asked for a better man in my life, your quirks and mistakes are what drew me to you. You were the unapologetic, authentic blue cat that drew me to you; and you have always been there for me. Thank you Gumball."

As she finished saying this, she gave a peck on the cheek to Gumball, which effectively caused him to blush.

"Tha-thank you Penny....I feel the same way for you."

Gumball stated through the upwelling of emotions almost exposing themselves, as the two lovers hugged.

"Come on, let's get going, the kids will surely be wanting to watch that crazy cartoon movie of theirs again with us. Tristan insisted on having us watch it with him and Penelope, I cannot remember what the name of it was, but it was something to do with a train..."