The Way Home

Tristan quickly ran over, as Gumball's immediate family was reunited.

Judith and Patrick, along with Nicole and Richard, watched with tears in their eyes as their first born children embraced each other once again; along with their grandchildren.

Through his tears from his shell, Patrick was able to regain his composure to once again speak.

"Judith noticed in the corner of eye while in the classroom window two fairies that were outside wandering...a mother and her daughter holding hands....we slipped away to surprise all of you."

Gumball smiled, as he lifted his head from the group hug.

"Thank you so much, Mr. and Mrs. Fitzgerald...if not for you guys we would still be waiting for their return."

Patrick and Judith soon smiled, as they looked to one another; Judith giving a slight nod to Patrick.

"Please....Gumball....call us Judith and Patrick, son. After all you have done for this family and our daughter....you've earned that right, and we couldn't be more proud to be a part of the greater Watterson family."

Gumball, Penny, and the two kids smiled at each other after hearing this, as Penny soon turned toward the classroom once again.

"Oh my goodness...is this...."

The yellow fairy's eyes widened, as she began to survey the classroom.

"It's our old kindergarten, Gumball!"

Gumball smiled and chuckled at the jubilation of his wife, as he pointed to a specific part of the classroom.

She quickly glanced over to where he was pointing, before covering her mouth with a gasp of shock and happiness.

"Gumball....that's when we first met each other!"

Gumball wrapped his arm around Penny, as he pulled her close to touch heads.

"It is..."

Penny's eyes once again widened, as she commenced a silent giggle, before turning to Gumball once more.

"Heh, do you remember what happened at the end of the school day?"

Penny asked, as Gumball soon took a few moments to recollect and contemplate, before his own eyes widened in realization and he began to blush.

"Oh! Uhhhh.....yeah...."

Penelope and Tristan both turned to each other with confused expressions, before Tristan shrugged his shoulders at his younger sister.

Penelope then tugged on the dress of her mother.

"Mommy, what happened in this memory with you and Dad?"

Penny's heart melted at the innocence of her daughter, before she quickly picked her up in her arms.

"Well...judging by the time on the clock in this memory, it should only be a few moments...."

Penny finished her remark with a wink, as Penelope giggled.

As time soon progressed, the family drew their attention to the play corner, as the final bell rang for the day.

A younger Gumball and Penny, who had just been finger painting together, soon arose from their sitting position.

They had been thoroughly enjoying their day together, as indicative of their abundance of laughter which had earned stares from their peers and classmates.

They quickly went over to the wash station in the corner of the classroom to clean their hands, as a formation of kids had begun to form at the door of the classroom.