Chapter 61-67

61

The molten iron came out smoothly. Fule, Daowan and others were extremely excited. The amount of iron smelted in the end only accounted for a quarter of the iron ore. Fule didn't know how much this was. , but he himself was quite satisfied.

The enthusiasm of the Hada beasts exceeded his imagination. After confirming that the smelting was successful, the whole people began to work in shifts to smelt at full power. The speed and efficiency were astounding.

Fowler doesn't quite understand their enthusiasm for this work. Fortunately, the Hada beasts also go out to hunt every day and store food according to Fowler's teaching method, so there is generally no pressure. Under their division of labor and cooperation, Fuller no longer has to worry about and interfere.

In this way, the autumn passed unknowingly, and Fule looked at the bows and arrows produced and wondered if the orcs had given up the idea of ​​​​invading? After all, winter is just around the corner.

In the past two days, the tribe has obviously been very lively. Although the orcs usually go hunting together, but when they arrive in the forest, they will spread out and choose an area to catch their prey without interfering with each other. Now they are all acting together. First, they can be faster, and second, they can take care of each other to prevent accidents from happening. Although winter is approaching, the tense nerves of the orcs are still not relaxed. It is not a reassuring thing that the homeland where you live is always in the mind of a strong enemy.

Under the propaganda of Hadamon, more and more females tried to marinate meat. The approach of winter finally gave them a sense of oppression and crisis. In the face of the merciless cold wind, they could only try to believe it.

Therefore, most of the orcs in the tribe have hunted a lot ahead of time this year, but not everyone appreciates it. Under the gossip of Harun and Jin, Fule also heard a lot of news, such as Chia and a few friends There was no action at home, and there was a faint criticism of Fule's practice of storing food. After listening to Fule's smile, it was over. Anyway, the wheat has been distributed to everyone under the arrangement of the patriarch, and Fule also said it. The thing about saving seeds is that there are more wheat fields near the tribe, and the output is sufficient, so each family can get enough wheat, and it will never be more difficult than before.

Recently, Kenya has come here every day with Fowler to pick all kinds of vegetables and fruits and store them in the cellar. Kenya counts how long it will snow every day by pinching his fingers. Fowler can't quite speculate on the weather in winter. A day has come, but every day I listen to Kenya chanting happiness and know that there are still seven or eight days.

The good news is that before that, almost everyone is ready for winter.

The bacon experiment actually only took a few days. When the hesitant females found out that the bacon and sausages in the shade did not have any peculiar smell, the original sneering or even stubborn rejection of these new things immediately turned into surprise. The joy seems to be a treasure.

When Fowler goes out these days, he often receives unexpected thanks from unfamiliar females. Most of them are full of praise for the cured meat, and they are also asking about the cellar.

Sometimes people are so weird.

For things they cannot understand, they will only blindly and stubbornly reject and oppose them, and they will never try it lightly—even if that small attempt will not cause them much loss, perhaps it is at most a waste of a little meat. Fule doesn't think there is anything wrong with these people, because when he puts himself in his shoes, he will fear and reject things he doesn't understand, which is understandable. Some people are good at taking risks and dare to try, some people just want stability and not change, and it is impossible to say who is right and who is wrong.

Because of this, in the busiest winter, the tribe became extremely peaceful. The orcs all huddled at home and started tossing the cellars to store a large amount of food accumulated in the courtyard. The few families familiar with Fule started to build kang beds. Kenya was very excited after Joe helped them build a kang bed for their experience. On the spot, he hugged Fu Le and kissed him on the cheek, making Joe all jealous and immediately pulled his partner back to protect him. Even his own Mo father can't take advantage of Ah Le!

On such a night that people gradually let go of their worries about the coming winter, the orcs vigil blew sharp whistles.

Joe opened his eyes almost the next second and jumped out of bed.

Fowler was woken up in a daze, and asked what was wrong with narrowed eyes.

Qiao didn't speak, and carefully tucked the hides for Fu Le, and said solemnly: "Don't go out."

Fu Le was stunned, suddenly thought of something shocking, and hurriedly asked: "Someone attacked?"

Qiao nodded: " This is the signal. I'm going to gather in the square."

"..." Fule looked at Joe with a solemn expression, and opened his mouth to say whether he could go, but he couldn't say it. It is impossible not to go.

"You must be careful." Fuller propped up his upper body with his elbows and solemnly said: "Those bows and arrows...you know where they are." Joe and Wolfrout have been practicing, and Fuller and Hada are conservative. with a secret. Although everyone saw that they were doing something with great fanfare, no one understood what those things were used for.

The willingness to do this is also to beware of the unknown betrayal. Therefore, the storage and use of weapons are currently only known to a few people.

Qiao nodded after hearing Fu Le's words, patted his head and said, "Don't worry, it shouldn't be used." Although Qiao's expression was serious, he was not very worried, which made Fu Le's nervous mood relax a little.

After speaking, Joe turned into a black panther and jumped out. After a while, Kenya and Harlansier and his son came over, probably because they were worried that Fuller would not be safe alone, and then Laut and Kim also came.

"Don't Laut need to go to the square?" Fowler wondered, the orcs should have passed by this time.

"It won't all pass." Laut touched Jin and said, "Leave some to protect the children and females of the tribe."

"So everyone will gather like this." Kenya explained. Orcs who are not left behind in the tribe are very unsafe.

"And you're more dangerous than others now," Searle interjected.

Fowler was stunned for a moment, and understood what Searle meant. Patriarch Barley once said that the person who took the little guy from Gus and the one who stole the medicine was probably the same person. In other words, he may have been targeted.

Joe also analyzed this matter to him.

The wound medicine is not precious. Basically, for orcs who have suffered trauma, Fule will send a bottle of anti-inflammatory wound medicine, so if it is needed by "one's own people", they can ask for it in a fair and open manner.

The purpose of the theft is obvious. Someone can't get it.

"Should... not come to trouble me at this time, right?" Fowler said with a dry smile.

"That's not necessarily." Kenya shook his head and said, "If they really know what you are capable of, and if they can take you away, then they may even give up this place."

Fowler was ashamed, when did he become National Treasure... No, there is a village treasure-level existence?

"But...why are there betrayers?" Fu Le asked in a low voice, he didn't understand, what was the purpose of betraying his friends and the tribe he grew up with?

"Who knows." Kenya sighed, maybe the betrayer's thoughts, they will never understand.

Several people were sitting cross-legged on the kang bed chatting. Laut turned into a beast and stood on his stomach outside the door. Joe and the others didn't come back all night. Several people were also a little uneasy, and no one slept.

When it was dawn, Fowler finally saw Joe and Casa. Lauter opened his eyes long ago at the door and stood up and regained his human form. Looking at Joe and Casa's bloody aura, he raised his eyebrows unexpectedly: "A lot?"

Joe nodded casually, and the two went to the backyard stream first. After washing the blood on his body, Fu Le and Kenya had already rushed over.

"How is it? Are you injured? Is it medicinal?" Fowler asked worriedly. Joe's body was so bloody that his heart almost jumped out of his throat, and his hands were carelessly touching him.

"It's all right, Ale, it's all someone else's." Qiao's expression softened, and she said warmly, and the evil spirit on her body dissipated a lot for a while.

"Is it all right?" Fu Le touched the wound for a long time, but he was relieved and confirmed with wide eyes.

Qiao nodded, poured a bucket of cold water from the head, and the blood that was about to solidify was washed away. Sure enough, there were no injuries, just shallow scratches, which have now begun to heal on their own, even the medicine. no.

"How's the situation?" Fu Le asked, now that his voice was shaking a little, he was really frightened when he saw his man's bloody appearance just now, for fear that this man would make any mistakes.

"It's okay." Joe whispered, "It's temporarily retreating now."

"Where's Wolf? How is Wolf?" Harlan also came up and asked, obviously anxious: "Why isn't he with you? Come back?" Wolf should know that he is in Fuller's house and won't go home alone first.

"He's still torturing the orc he caught." Joe replied, "He's fine, don't worry." Harlan breathed a sigh of relief, he was no better than Fuller, and his hands were shaking.

"Why did you attack us all of a sudden..." Kenya was also frightened when she saw it, and said depressedly: "Why don't you go back to spend the winter and make trouble!"

Kasa shook his head, hugged his partner and rubbed his head in his neck. Take a deep breath--slow down. I was fighting all night, and to be honest, I was not very happy.

The two went to the next room to rest for a while, and Fu Le went to stew chicken soup and meat. At this time, they must not be hungry.

After a while, Wolf came back, and he was covered in blood without exception. Seeing Harun frowned, he worried: "How many orcs are there to attack? Why are you all like this..."

"They dispatched half of them. Orcs." Wolf washed his face and replied casually: "Originally, I planned to occupy this place directly at night."

"Why is it so sudden?" Jin couldn't understand, even if it was a sneak attack, he had never heard of any tribe that was strong enough to have one. Victory at night.

"Probably think that many orcs are not there." Kenya thought for a while and guessed: "In the past... At this time, there are indeed some orcs in the tribe still hunting outside." Because the temperature of the weather has reached a large amount of hunting and storage. When the time came, in order to hunt for more food, the orcs in the tribe would take turns going out to hunt at night. But considering safety, half of the orcs will stay.

If this year is the same, maybe they can really succeed... Thinking of this, Kenya also shudders.

"The betrayer failed to pass the news to them." Wolf whispered: "Every year before winter comes, females are not allowed to go out alone." It snowed and couldn't come back. After all, predictions are just predictions and cannot be completely accurate. It is entirely possible that the first heavy snow in winter will come early, so there is such a regulation a long time ago.

But no one thought that the situation of the tribe this year was completely different from the past. These people just chose a time when all the orcs would stay behind the tribe to attack.