Chapter 5: trust?

Phil felt the sunlight on his face which woke him up from the cot. He yawned and got out of the cot and headed to the wooden bars. He sees a few of the foxes getting to work on the crops, constructing their village and doing daily work and combat training. He then saw the princess of the tribe helping out with some of the workers which caused Phil to have some weird feeling inside but brushed it off since he was hungry for breakfast so he waited for anyone to come towards him.

Meanwhile, the doctor started crushing some herbs in some water to make some medicine for Winston to help him recover since the bullet wound he had did gave him a small lead infection and she knew what to do. Winston started coughing and is finally awake. He saw the doctor and got afraid of her.

"Hey, Hey it's okay. I won't hurt you." The doctor said as she stroked his head a few times.

Winston didn't know what to say but he layed back down on the bed and saw the doctor pouring the herb medicine in a small wooden bowl.

"Here, drink this, it will help you feel better." The doctor kindly said as she gave him the bowl.

Winston took a few gulps of it since he was thirsty anyway and the herbs had a minty flavor to it. After he finished it, he layed back down.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"A lot better but, it still hurts..." Winston answers.

"You will be okay, that wound is healing nicely. But who shot you?" She asked.

"We had a few soldiers after us, while we are running out of our base." He explains

"Aren't you a little too young to be part of the military?" She asked

"Age doesn't matter if you're an orphan" Winston said as he looked down.

"You don't have parents?" She asked with sympathy.

"Nope, my parents died in a car accident, and during the new laws passed by our overpopulation, orphans are drafted into the military regardless of how old we are." Winston said as he started to drop tears and started sobbing a little.

The doctor went to him and hugged him a little.

"Well don't worry, I bet our leader will let you stay in our society." She says

"What is your name, little one?"

"I'm Winston, I don't remember my last name."

"I'm Dr. Alice."

————————

Dr. Alice
————————

"Nice to meet you Alice." He said.

"When was the last time you ate Winston?" Alice asked.

"Two days." He answered.

"Well I'll be right back." She said as she left the tent.

Meanwhile...

Phil was eating his breakfast while he was a little down since there was no meat but eating vegetables is better than nothing. He then saw the princess again and this time. She came to Phil and unlocked the pit.

"Come on, my father wants a word with you." Lilith says as she helps him out of the pit.

He followed her to the center of the village to see the tribe leader helping someone building a couple of huts.

"Father?" Lilith asked.

He turned around and sees them and told Lilith to leave.

"So kid, what caused you to be here?" He asked.

"Just got drafted into the marines since our population is overcrowded on two planets we live in and I don't have a family." Phil explains.

"Is that why? You humans came to see if you would be able to continue your species in different worlds to help your species from overpopulating in your original world?"

"Yes." Phil said.

"Well, you homo sapiens should know not to take advantage of someone that shares with you. Because what your kind is doing right now is damaging our environment." The leader said in frustration.

"Sorry, but not all humans are evil, you know." Phil says.

"I know that, but even the ones who aren't evil don't even do the right thing either. Since you can't go back to your base and you're just a kid. You can be part of our tribe but you must prove that you have a pure heart to other species than your own kind." The tribe leader explains.

"I understand and I accept it. Winston and I will."

"Okay then, But first it's time for you to get rid of all that military clothing and wear something that is fit in our society. Go see my daughter, she will help you with that." The tribe leader said as he turn around.

"Ok, and I'm sorry for what we are doing to you and your home but there are children at that base that can change since they were forced to be here." Phil said as he walked away.

The tribe leader thought about what he said and started to open up but can't let his guard down yet.

——————-

Tribe leader Sean——————-

Tribe leader Sean
——————-