Chapter 6: crush

Back at the base General Vince was in frustration since he heard that he heard someone escaped but didn't know who it was yet.
————————

(I don't own this image)

General Vince
————————

"Sir." A soldier spoke as he came into the office.

"Yes, private?" Vince asked.

"We've been doing an investigation. And we found out who were the ones that went awol and escaped the base last night." The soldier explains.

"Really? Who?!" Vince asked.

"A couple of child soldiers named Phil Kenmore and Winston James."

"Find them and bring them back here. I have a feeling they were the ones that could be involved in my son's death." Vince commanded.

"Yes sir." The soldier says as he leaves.

   Meanwhile at the village. Phil was helping out with some anthros by building up another but since he has to gain trust from the tribe since he didn't like the attention of hate from a few of the tribe members. As for Winston, he was able to fully recover and was doing his part by helping the tribe to look for more food like any fruit or berries from trees or bushes around the forest.

   Winston followed the group, he wasn't allowed to have any weapon until he gained trust overtime but a few foxes offered to protect him while they looked around. While they went down a ridge, he looked in his book about Xena plant life to find a specific plant that grows fruit.

   He then found a bush that is covered with red colored berries and double checked about them in his book and they are safe to be edible.

"Hey guys. There are some berries over there." Winston says.

   A couple from the group took a look and started talking in their own language and started collecting them into a wooden bowl.

   Back at the village, the hut was finally finished and Phil checked to see if it was sturdy and stable. As when he went to the waterfall to cool down after working hard. He accidentally sees Princess Lilith coming out of the water naked and Phil eyes widens and looks the other way blushing and starts to have a crush on her.

After she was gone, Phil took his clothes off and hung them on a tree branch and went into the cool fresh clean water as he felt all the dirt and mud coming off his skin.

  As he tried to clean himself, he couldn't stop thinking about her now. Is he in love with her?

"What's wrong with me?" He asked himself.

"She can't love me anyway since we are different kinds. But she is someone that I never thought of being the girl of my dreams." He said as he closed his eyes and held his breath as we went under water.

   He swam deep and saw a few fish passing by and started to have illusions of his past of his parents abandoning him when he was only five. He remembered that his mom took him to the city for some ice cream. But as Phil headed to the ice cream shop, his mother vanished without a trace. The memory caused him to accidentally breathe in some water that he swam up fast and started coughing badly and breathed in deep for some air.

  What he remembered really made him in deep thought and got out and put his tribe clothes back on and headed back to the village, went to his hut and laid down on his cot.

  Winston was eating some fruit while reading his book about Xena while relaxing in his hut but he had felt loneliness since he saw a young Fox hugging his parents. Winston really missed his parents after the car accident before he was drafted in the military. He still remembers their faces before the car crashed into another.

  He jumped out of his thoughts when he heard Dr.Alice calling him.

"Winston." She called as she came in.

"Yeah?"

"I need to check your gunshot wound real quick to see if it's healing right."

"Ok coming." He said as he followed her back to the medical tent.