Chapter 6; The proposal

Isabella broke up with Mariano so he could be with Dolores. I'm happy for her. Maybe not Camilo because it's his sister, but yeah.

Camilo keeps getting closer to me everyday.. I'm concerned. Why me? I mean I'm pretty I guess, but the village is full of girls! Why would he choose me..

I shouldn't worry myself too much. The day is almost over and we can have dinner soon. Not a problem. I hope dinner goes well.

But in case not, I'm prepared for the worst. I always am, I have to admit. "DINNER TIME!!!" I hear Pepa yell. I run over to Casita, bumping Camilo.

I ignore him and continue running. I smell the delicious food being set upon the table. I quickly take my plate and dash to the table waiting for everyone to eat.

I see Camilo walk in and the rest of the family that were working outside today. Abuela walks down the stairs and tells everyone to sit down.

"Family, Thank you all for coming. I've spoken to Mrs. Guzman about Dolores' and Mariano's proposal. She gave us permission to start in a few weeks or so." Abuela Alma makes everyone spit out their water. Literally.

Pepa has this face on. How can I explain it- Uhm ok, picture it like this: 

 How can I explain it- Uhm ok, picture it like this: 

(ANYWAYS)

Camilo has a look on his face that doesn't look too surprised. I'M SURPRISED MYSELF. It's only been like 5 months they started dating! This is crazy. I get even more surprised when Camilo says, "When's my proposal?" He asks. Everyone starts to look at him the same way.

WHAT???!!!

Pepa and Felix look at him. One's pretty proud, other's pretty upset her baby boy is looking so far ahead. He's not even 18 or 21 yet- And he already wants to marry someone. I wonder whose he's talking about, but as I put the pieces together I know who he's talking about. Me..

"If you have someone in mind, sure why not! We need our generation to grow strong with gifted grand babies." Abuela says calmly, probably trying to ignore the fact he's 15 and wants to get married.

The suspense is killing everyone to see who Camilo is talking about. I think me and Dolores know he's talking about me. Maybe Mirabel but I can't tell. Then he finally says, "Y/N."

Everyone gasps and looks at me. I look away trying to avoid their glares. "I don't know about Dolores Mama, but Camilo and Y/N are perfect for each other!" Pepa shouts making a rainbow appear above her head.

Camilo gives me a smile. He got me. I'll finally be his.. this is just crazy though!WHY DOESN'T ANYONE DISAGREE?!?!

"Won't you have to ask Mrs. M/N to agree with this proposal? You can't do it without her approval for her daughter to marry my brother." Dolores defends. Oh my god- I forgot there's one more chance this can all shut down!I just think this is moving to fast. Me and Camilo are only 15. I'm too young to marry him! I won't lie I like him. but this might take things too far. 

No one thinks this is crazy? Just me and Dolores? Hm, okay..