Chapter 9 - Talking It Out

I finally came downstairs after freshening up and I noticed Springtrap wasn't sitting on the couch of anything. That's when I heard the sound of clanking in the kitchen and realized he must have been baking or something again. 

I wandered into the kitchen and not to my surprise there he was cooking pancakes. 

He must have heard my footsteps because he spoke up. "Ah hey Y/N, I made Harry and Matt pancakes this morning so I figured I'd make you some too." He smiled softly. "I hope you don't mind me using your kitchen again. I'll clean everything up after."

"It's actually my dad's kitchen, since this is his house, but it's fine, I don't mind. And I'm sure he won't either, it's not like he cleans the house around here." I responded, taking a seat at the kitchen table, watching him cook. 

His golden ears pricked. "You clean the house?" He asked.

I nodded in response. "Yeah. Obviously I don't pay rent for living here, so I repay my dad by doing other things, like cleaning his house. I also do the grocery shopping, and I help pay the phone bills for him, and sometimes I'll help him with paying his taxes." 

Springtrap turned to face me, as he held the frying pan in his hand. "You do a lot for your dad, don't ya?"

I rubbed the back of my neck, trying not to make eye contact. "I guess I do, but he's letting me stay here so I guess it's worth it. Well, worth it sometimes."

"What do you mean?" Springtrap questioned, turning back towards the stove. 

I sighed, not wanting to go deep into detail about the things my father has said and done to me. "Well let's just say my dad can get angry and upset sometimes. I don't wanna bore you with the details." I replied, leaning back in my chair. 

"No please, I'm all ears." Springtrap said.

I wasn't sure on whether or not I should continue, but I guess there was no harm in doing so. "It's just, well, my dad isn't as kind as he comes off as. Or at least he's not anymore. After my mother died he hasn't been himself. He started drinking, and smoking. I can't even bring my mother up without him being defensive. I try not to argue with him, I need a place to stay while I finish college. I don't need him kicking me to the curb, ya know?" 

Springtrap turned the stove off and set the frying pan down on the counter beside him. He turned towards me, a look of concern and worry in his glowing purple eyes. "Y/N, what exactly has your dad said to you?"

I hesitated as Springtrap approached me. I was beginning to think I shouldn't have brought up my father, or my mother, at all. "It's nothing, you don't need to worry about me."

Springtrap stepped closer, and got down to my level. He began wiping the makeup off my cheek only to reveal the giant bruise I still had from the other night. "That's what I thought." He sighed, letting his head hang low to the ground. "Y/N, he hits you, doesn't he?" 

I could feel my eyes began to flow with tears, but I tried to keep my face tear free as to not screw up my makeup more than Springtrap already had. 

Springtrap continued. "You don't have to tell me anything if you're not comfortable doing so, just, please, take care of yourself. And if he lays a finger on you ever again, let me know. Also, if you ever need somewhere else to stay, I'm sure Harry's mother would allow you to stay with us."

I held back my tears, and heaved a long sigh. "Thank you, Springtrap."

He nodded, before turning away to grab the pancakes off the stove. "Come on, let's go watch a movie or something and you can have the pancakes I made for you."He smiled.

I agreed and followed him out to the living room.