28. Dug up dirt

Joseph coated the sweet aromatic flavored backwood in saliva as he sealed the three gram blunt shut, walking out onto the balcony of their room and looking out. It was a beautiful day out, warm and sunny compared to gloomy cold New York around this time. Grace lounged in the crystal clear pool below nude, snacking on a bowl of fruit as she scrolled through her phone. She'd gotten up bright and early, way out of her normal sleeping past noon and snuck out to the pool in the backyard of their villa.

Feeling his short pockets for a lighter, Joseph padded down the outdoor spiral staircase connected to the balcony that met the backyard clad in just a pair of shorts and house shoes

Feeling his short pockets for a lighter, Joseph padded down the outdoor spiral staircase connected to the balcony that met the backyard clad in just a pair of shorts and house shoes. He shuffled over to the edge of the pool, his slippers making scraping sounds against the pavement.

" You're blocking my sun," Grace mumbled with her brown eyes glued to her phone reading a blog article about the Kardashians as Joseph stood in front of her, his tall stature casting a shadow over her.

Joseph didn't budge making Grace look up at him irritatedly. " Excuse me," She said with a scowl.

" You done giving me the silent treatment?" He asked, nonchalantly placing his blunt between both lips and lighting it.

" I'm not giving you the silent treatment, I'm talking to you aren't I?" She mumbled averting her attention back to her phone.

Joseph took a hit of his blunt, pausing and blowing the smoke out letting it get caught in the gentle breeze outside and get carried away.

" You got this funky ass attitude though,"

" I don't," She protested.

" You do," He said looking down at her curvy nude body as she lounged in the cool water.

She hadn't spoken a word since the yacht docked and Joseph knew her attitude was because of the shit show of a dinner last night. Watching a bunch of men casually snort a line of cocaine at a dinner table is intense for anybody to watch but he didn't know that was going to take place. That dinner was no place for Grace to be, hence why there was no other women there but Joseph didn't know that. Miami people conduct business differently than the way Dre and himself do and had he known stuff like that was going to take place he wouldn't have even invited Grace.

" I know you upset about last night so talk to me," He said kicking his house shoes off and stepping into the water one foot at a time taking a seat on the concrete steps as he continued to smoke his blunt. " And don't yell, we just having a conversation,"

Grace glanced up from her phone at him with an irritable expression. She was having a good morning and didn't want to have this conversation with Joseph because they'd been here before about his occupation. Discussing this topic was like opening Pandora's box and as much as she hated what he did this wasn't anything new, this was who he was before they even met.

" I don't like this, I don't like this shit. This ain't us. I feel like it's been a wall between us the past couple weeks," Joseph said, his intense brown eyes searching for some type of substance in Graces.