53. The matrimony

" Stop before Grace sees us!" Emily exclaimed in a whisper, giggling as she tried to push Richard off her.

The two were ducked off in a random corridor passageway of the enormous Italian villa Grace and Joseph reserved for their wedding party to stay in for the weekend of their wedding ceremony. Richard kissed his teeth as he pulled Emily into him forcefully. " You just said she getting her makeup done,"

"She is," Emily confirmed.

" Okay then," Rich said, as his hands traveled down the back side of her black satin dress to her rounded rear which she quickly moved, placing them back at her waist making Rich kiss his teeth again.

" Can you stop being nasty, you're almost fifty— Jesus,"

" And what that make you?" He retorted, making Emily cut her eyes at him.

The only thing that changed between the two was their ages— they were still those drunk in love teens at heart.

" You remember when you used to sneak out your window at night and meet me at the park like we doin now?" Rich asked, a small smirk dancing on his lips as he looked down at Emily seeing the younger version of her.

Emily cheeks began to heat up as she blushed, fighting to suppress her urge to smile. " Yes because my daddy hated you,"

" I don't know why,"

Emily rolled her eyes playfully. " You know why— cause you wasn't no good,"

" I was only ever good to you," Rich clarified, making Emily smile small as she looked up at him. " You gone dance wit me tonight?"

" Maybe," She said teasingly.

Richard caught Joseph walking out of the mens wing of the villa towards the womens bridal side dressed in his velvet black Dolce and Gabana suit with the first couple buttons of his dress shirt undone and his tie in hand.

" AYE—" Rich shouted catching his attention. " Where you going— Grace on that side getting ready you can't go over there,"

" I need help tying this," He said holding the tie up making Rich shake his head.

" You dont know how to tie a tie?" Rich asked, taking the tie from him.

" No— I don't wear ties," Joseph retorted. " Grace always tied them for me if I had to wear one," He said as Rich fastened it around his neck. " And what y'all doin sneakin around,"

" Stay out grown folks business," Rich replied, smoothing it out for him.

" You don't stay out mine," Joseph said under his breathe.

" Jo— you will not make it down the isle you keep playin with me nigga," Rich grumbled making Joseph snicker.

" You look very handsome," Emily smiled softly. " Your mother would be proud,"

Joseph licked over his teeth, looking down at his dress shoes as he shoved his hands into his pocket. His parents had been on his mind a lot more than usual the past couple weeks, but that's because they were missing things he never thought he'd get to experience— marriage and fatherhood. Getting married and starting a family weren't even a thought in Joseph's mind before he met Grace so it never dawned on him that his parents would be missing these special moments— now their absences stung even more.