XI

"Congratulations, Selene!" I immediately found Ivah when she called out my name. Hawak naman niya ang isang malaking bouquet ng tulips, at inabot iyon sa akin. She kissed my cheeks and look back at me with a big smile on her face. It's so obvious that she is proud of the outcome of the show. I'll take that look like a compliment because I met her high standards.

"Thanks. Are the flowers from the President?" I ask at tinignan ang bouquet na hawak ko. I saw a little card there with a short 'Congratulations' written on it. Inabot ko naman iyon kay George ng malapit siya sa akin. She immediately guides me papunta sa harapan ng isang malaking vanity mirror.

"She was watching from the broadcast and even have me fetch a bouquet. You were glamorous today, Selene." Her voice is full of enthusiasm. I bet while the show is ongoing, a lot of offers flock to her already. Hindi na ako magtataka kung bakit ganito na lamang ang liwanag sa mukha niya.

Marahan naman akong tumango sa kanya, hindi masyadong pinansin ang sinabi at agad na kinuha ang phone mula sa bag na naiwan rito.

When I opened my phone ay agad na sumabog ang daang notifications from my social medias. I didn't even put a second thought on scanning them and skipped everything. Pero nang i-scroll ko iyon hanggang pinakadulo at hindi nakita ang notifications na hinahanap ko ay parang bumagsak ang balikat ko.

What the fuck is happening with me?!

Madali ko 'rin iyong pinatay at pabalang na ibinalik sa aking bag. Ivah looks at me with a confused face kaya agad naman akong napaayos ng upo.

"Hey? You okay?" Tanong ni Ivah ng makitang nagsalubong ang kilay ko. Nagtama ang paningin namin sa salamin sa aking harapan kaya naman dali din akong umiling. I grab my facial wipes and slowly wipe the make-up from my face. Thinking that if I make myself busy, the trailing thoughts that lingers in my mind will suddenly fade away. But to my dismay, my mind already flew away to the undying thoughts since we last saw each other.

The last time I heard from her was when we went back from Calatagan. After she answered her phone that night ay tinulak ako ng bara sa aking dibdib na pumasok na sa loob ng kwarto. My sleep was light that I felt that I was awake from the remaining hours that I was lying on the bed of my room. Nang umuwi kami kinabukasan, Emir acted like nothing happened. Or maybe, I'm just the one who's seeing and feelings things. Para sa kanya ay wala lang ang mga bagay na napnansin ko. Why am I even putting so much on what happened between us?

What happened in Calatagan was maybe a one time memory for the both of us. So hindi dapat ako nabo-bother that she didn't even contact me after! Hindi dapat ako check ng check ng phone ko to see if she's going to message me! Ano nga ba ang sasabihin niya sa akin! Jesus!

"Miss Selene, the organizers will held a small post-meeting and after-party. I'll prepare the dress that you bought with you." Saad ni George sa aking gilid. Mukhang kinukuha ang atensyon ko nang mapansin na nasa malayo ang aking isip. Pagod naman akong tumango sa kanya bago tumayo mula sa kinauupuan at sinumulang hubarin ang black see-through corset top dress na suot ko. The tule for the dress was flowing gracefully down my legs, it has a high slit exposing everything on my right thigh. Kitang-kita 'rin ang black high-waist underwear na kasama neto.

It was actually a very busy month for me. Two weeks after I went home from Calatagan ay lumipad din kami ni George papuntang Paris and it took another two week to prepare for this Fashion Show. I know my schedule is hectic, I don't have time to worry about other things. Kaya nga puno ang inis sa akin dahil nagkakaroon pa din ako ng tyansang mainis dahil sa maliit na bagay.

Katatapos lamang ng show ng D&G para sa fashion week na ito. It was a good show actually and being away for almost four weeks now from the Philippines makes me comfortable in the cold breeze that Paris has. We'll be staying for the rest of the Fashion Week here as I'll be representing most of the D&G on the other shows as well.