𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄 -☾

- Means the chapter is set in the Boiling Isles [DR]

- Means the chapter is set in the human realm [CR]

➶-͙˚ ༘✶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"I guess I have to face"

"That in this awful place"

"I shouldn't show a trace of 𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭"

𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭

You didn't really know why this word felt to relatable to you in the recent months, maybe you were doubtful of the new school year?
that was understandable, you didn't really make any new friends, and your grades aren't exactly terrible, but they aren't amazing.

Maybe you're doubtful of your future? its a lot of time to worry about something, and who knows, maybe the dream career you hoped to achieve someday was way out of  your league. Are you sure its even the career you want to end up with? you might have different views on things in the future.

Maybe.. Maybe you're doubtful of your best friend? No, that cant be right, she's done so much for you.

Anyway, that's not the point. you've been feeling this odd sense of discomfort. So you decided to distract yourself from the feeling by partaking in your favorite pass time: Shifting.

Shifting was something that gave you a sense of closure from the things in your CR that were bringing you down, in the end, it helped you resolve some things you thought you couldn't.

Your best friend, Ainsley, didn't know about shifting, you didn't know what she would say if she knew you did it regularly, she would probably call you crazy or delusional or something, which would hurt, but you would respect her opinion.

You had just finished your script for a show you had been watching lately

The Owl House.

Sadly you couldn't shift just yet, you needed to go to school.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"Y/n! Good morning!" Your first period teacher greeted you as you entered the classroom, you smiled at them in return

You sat down at your seat, which was coincidentally next to Ainsley.

"Good morning, Ains, how did you sleep last night?" you asked her gently

"Oh, hi Y/n. It was fine." she responded shortly

"That's good." you smiled

Your teacher handed out a packet assignment for the class to do for the period, luckily it wasn't hard for you.

however, you did notice Ainsley having trouble. she was breathing heavily and frantically erasing notes on her packet. You should help her.

You fake-coughed to get her attention and 'accidentally' dropped your packet on the ground next to her. she caught the hint and dropped her packet as well. you grabbed hers and she grabbed yours.

Her answers were frantically scribbled on the paper, the shadows of erased lines all throughout the paper.

she barley made it through the first page, poor girl.