𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬-☾

["Ah, I see." Eda turns back to the eggs and flips them. "Could you set the table for me?" 
"Of course!"]

➶-͙˚ ༘✶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐥𝐲.

The smell of pancakes roamed about the air. Checking the time, you saw it was about 9:00. You slept in later than you usually do.

Come to think of it, you don't remember the last time you slept in. You always felt stressed these days.

You slug out of your room, your muscles feeling sore. You didn't bother to change out of your pajamas, but that's what Saturday mornings are about, right?

You step into the kitchen and see you dad at the stove, burning- I mean cooking some pancakes!

"Morning, Squirt!" He says happily. "Could you go wake up your mom for me? She'll sleep in till 2pm if you let her." He chuckles.

You yawned in reply, stumbling toward your parents bedroom.

You push open the white door gently, talking over to her side of the bed. 
"Mama," You gently shake her, tugging at her arm. "Mama wake up." You yawn.

"mmghrgmg" She groans, "Five more minutes."

Her actions made you sigh a bit. This was how weekends usually went. She was always so exhausted from the week that she would spend nearly the entire day sleeping. You didn't blame her for it, obviously, but it still made you sad.

"Dad made pancakes." You say quietly. "Pancakes?" She says, suddenly jolting up and wide awake. "Why didn't you say so!"

She jumps out of bed and pulls you along, back to the kitchen.

"So, Y/n." Your father starts. "We have a little surprise for you!" 

You perk up slightly. "Oh?"

Your mom smiles. "That Carnival you like came into town last night! We figured you would want to go! We also invited Ainsley." She says, her smile becoming slightly forced after uttering her name.

You gave a small smile. "Really? Thanks!" You quickly go back to eating. 

You dad glances at you for a moment. "Would you like to invite any more friends?" His tone is careful, hesitant. 

"Ainsley is my only friend." You say quietly, not really liking all this attention on you.

"Really? You haven't made any other friends this year? But it's already October-" Your father is quickly cut off by your mother shooting him a look. "It's only October, [F/n]. She has plenty of time." Your mother finishes.

You silently thanked your mother, though you knew she had her suspicions about Ainsley.

"So, what time are we leaving?" You asked quietly.

"Well Ainsley should get here at about noon, so we can leave then." Your mother answers, shoveling a big bite of pancake into her mouth.

'Is it good?' You hear your father ask your mother with a chuckle. You don't bother to continue the conversation though. You knew that your mother was only using this experience as an excuse to paint Ainsley in a bad light.

What if your mom said you couldn't hang out with Ainsley anymore? You literally have no one else other than her. 

Right? You think to yourself. Is there anyone else?

No. There isn't.

You quietly excuse yourself from the table. "I'll go get changed."

"Okay, Sweetpea. Dress warm! It's starting to get cold!" Your mother calls after you.