𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫 -✰

[A/n: I should probably mention something so this chapter doesn't get confusing! This story is set before Season 2B, so Y/n doesn't know any lore past the episode 'Yesterdays Lie'. I thought it would add a little spice to the story if she gets to experience some parts of the story first hand without knowing beforehand! So if anything in Y/n's inner monologue sounds outdated, then that is the reason! Anyway have fun!]

[Should I go back now?

I probably should, by now the episode is over..

Well.. I-I don't really want to..

𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐮𝐧.]

➶-͙˚ ༘✶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

𝐌𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝.

Your head hurt. Not an unbearable pain, just a lingering one that would occasionally spike. You tried not to think anything of it, maybe it would just go away.

You snapped out of your haze when you see Luz filming King close up on her phone, seemingly trying to make one of those National Geographic documentaries.

"Here we have the most fearsome creature of the Boiling Isles.. The King Of Demons!" Luz narrates.

King is too preoccupied to care, one of your extra socks is stuck on his nose.

"Facing his natural enemy, Y/ns ducky sock!" She exclaims.

King eventually pops the sock off his nose and starts punching it mercilessly, thankfully not tearing the fabric.

"So, why did you call us here again?" Luz asks the demon.

"Oh yeah!" King climbs up onto a table to be eyelevel with the two of you sitting on the ground. "Human Luz, Human Y/n, the two of you have been so obsessed with witchcraft, but barely know anything about my kind! Prepare yourself for.."
King rips a small curtain off a corkboard, the board is covered with various demon propaganda. Legends, wives tales, and some pretty official looking information.

"Boom! Demons 101. Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone! Beings made to bring terror and deceit to all they invoke their indignation on!" King exclaims.

"With cute lil paws!" Luz adds in playfully.

"..And cute little paws." King sighs "We live only to create chaos and misery! Our only weaknesses are purified water and passive‐aggressive comments. Sometimes." He mutters the last part defensively, signifying that it was indeed a weakness for him at least.

You made a mental note to praise his efforts more. It was nice to see him so excited to teach you and Luz something new. It seemed genuinely interesting too! Back in your Current Reality, you had good grades, but weren't super interested in any particular subject. To simplify, you were an exceptional student, but school was still a drag. However, that all seemed to fly out the window here. Maybe it was because you were shifting here by choice, or because you were influenced by Luz, but you were so eager to learn about the history here.

Is the Titan the Boiling Isles is residing on the only one in this vast steaming ocean?

You know from a certain character that hasn't been introduced yet that Witches can indeed be born without magic, does that mean those Witches are basically human? What's the difference? The ears?

Why doesn't magic work in the Human Realm? What is the deciding the factor as to when or when it doesn't work? Is it in the air? Or maybe it has something to do with auras?