Chapter Sixteen: A "new" change

(1st person perspective)

It'd been a week since I'd left the woods. I never went back. Every night I struggled to sleep, It just wasn't the same without Wire.

I turn over onto my stomach and sob into my pillow, wrapped in my blanket, not wanting to leave.

**KNOCK KNOCK**

There was a sudden knock on the door of my bedroom, I stay silent.

"Hey sweetheart, I'm coming in, okay?" A voice called. The door opened and in came my mother, who crouched next to my bed, stroking my hair.

"Sweetie, I have a surprise for you." She said. I lift my head up to reveal my throbbing red face. My mother sighed before continuing.

"I'll bring him in.." she said, before getting up and walking out of the room. I sit up, confused.

.....

A few minutes had passed until my mother came back into my room, with a large glass container with a cloak over it.

"What's in the box?..." I ask. My mother smiled.

"Well, ever since you were little, you'd always had a love for reptiles so...." She pulled back the cloak to reveal a dark blue snake in the container. My eyes widen.

"You...got me a.."

"Correct. A snake. Name him whatever you want sweetheart. I'll leave you to play with him for a bit." And just like that, my mother was gone.

I was left to stare at the snake.

I got up and picked him up out of the container, he coiled around my hand. But something about it felt..

Familiar.

I sat on my bed, snake still in hand, I glanced down at him.

"What CAN I name you...." I questioned out loud. The snake moved it's head up closer to my face. It made me smile a bit.

"Hello little guy." I chuckled, as the snake licked my nose.

**TIME SKIP**

It was 12:37 am, I'd just finished reading a book and was ready to head to sleep, I took one last glance at the snake, before laying down.

I close my eyes and role onto my back, trying to rest.

**SHHHHHHH**

The sound of my sheets started to rustle. I ignored it until the rustling became louder and louder, until I felt something caress my face.
My eyes jerk open- Someone covers my mouth. My vision sets in.

I glance at the container across the room, the snake is gone, I glance back up, and-

"Hello darling..."

The figure spoke. That voice. That....That voice!

Wire?-