Seeing The Being

Another week has passed, and you set off from your house towards the shopping centre, the new street seeming quite natural now, once again in your new life. You decided to wear a white crop top and a skirt, but you brought a jumper just in case you felt cold - and you were already getting sick of the breeze against your bare legs. On top of your choice of clothes today, you put a small gold bracelet on and fixed a necklace around your neck. You walked under the bridge, which was always really risky, and was even more risky now that you were a beautiful girl. You sped up once you had spotted the gang you always knew for the wrong reasons, and kept your head down. You thought you were safe, until you felt one of them grab you, stab you and steal your handbag of money and your phone. You tried to scream for them to come back, but failed as you grabbed your stomach and keeled over into a puddle. A green puddle.

You come to standing up in a plain white room, similar to heaven. You notice a familiar being. "YOU?!" you scream. "YOU DID THIS TO ME!" 
"Calm down, Charlotte! Just because you lost the power-"
"Don't call me Charlotte ever again. I am not Charlotte. I am Simon Gates, and if you don't switch me back I will fucking murder you!"
"You can't murder me, I'm a ghost."
"Oh, just FUCK OFF!"
The room goes silent for a few moments.
"Look," the being breaks the silence. "I understand you're angry. I took your powers away at the wrong time. But I can't give them back to people who have already had them. And I can't send you back to living as Simon. You are Charlotte now."
You start to tear up. "But, my family. Kiera, mum, dad, James, the dog, I'll never see them again."
"I've got a way to fix it; brainwash you."
"Go on...?"
"I rewrite your memory into thinking you've always been Charlotte, which means you'll gain the skills you need and not complain every time you wear a skirt or a bra, and I give you a limited understanding of Simon and make you forget all about the power. Would you prefer that? You'll forget everything about Simon's personal life."
"I mean, I guess you could. It would stop the sadness."
"Alright. Well, Simon, its been a pleasure meeting you. Now, you'll forget I said this, but go enjoy your new life."
"Thanks. I'll miss you." you sniffle. "Bye then." you smile as you get pushed back to Earth.