Trouble in Paradise

Chapter Eighteen

Trouble in Paradise

"Hey dickie bird," Jason said, his voice full of affection. Dick blinked sleepily up at him. Instead of speaking, the omega gave a soft, encouraging little chirp. Jason had gotten back around two in the morning to the delicious smell of sex. Jason was scratched and bruised to shit so he had a shower and crashed in his own room rather than disturbing his alpha and omega.

He woke late in the morning with thoughts of a strong coffee and walked out to find Grayson curled up, kitten-like on the couch. He was blinking sleepily at the television which was playing the morning news with the volume down low. Outside was heavily overcast and windy. Jason was glad their apartment was so warm. He walked up and leant over the back of the couch for a kiss. Dick gave him a soft smile that did weird things to Jason's insides.

"Morning," Dick yawned.

"These are pretty," Jason purred as he looked down at the collection of bites now decorating Dick's neck. He went to run a thumb over one. Dick flinched, batting his hand away.

"Stopit," Dick slurred.

"I like them," Jason said with a grin.

"And now it's time for yours," a deep voice interjected. Jason only had time to stand up straight before a large hand clamped down on the back of his neck and he was yanked around. Slade's mouth locked onto the side of Jason's throat and sucked hard. Jason gasped but didn't try to pull away. He shuddered violently, a hand grabbing for the man's shirt. The alpha worked his teeth in good and deep until Jason felt lightheaded. The man pulled back with a wicked smirk.

"Now that is pretty," Slade purred. Jason flushed red, but actually bared his teeth playfully at the man which only made the mercenary chuckle. Jason yelped as he was shoved roughly, tumbling over the back of the couch, and nearly landing on Dick. Dick laughed sleepily and wrapped his legs around a flailing Jason and snuggled around him like a damn monkey.

"Coffee?" Dick asked, blinking innocently up at his alpha. Slade snorted.

Life for Deathstroke's pack had been oddly serene. The snow had arrived in preparation for Christmas and the streets were blanketed in the stuff. It made patrols both more difficult and more fun. If Slade was in town, he had made a habit of joining his pups on their patrol. Afterwards, when it was freezing, dark and late, he had introduced the boys to several tiny restaurants. They were the kind that were hidden down sidealleys were no one spoke English and served hot food at all hours of the night at dirt cheap prices. Both Jason and Dick now looked forward to the excursions.

This added bonding time had only strengthened their pack. Even if they didn't speak to each other, sipping bone broth and soju at a tiny Korean food stall at one in the morning, watching the snow fall and streetlights twinkle was oddly soothing to the soul.

Alongside this new way of patrolling, Dick had also decided where he wanted to go next with his life.

With access to more money than he knew what to do with, more time on his hands and with no response to any of his emails to the few jobs he had applied for, Dick Grayson had decided to do the only obvious thing left. Study. After finding so many of those incredible little restaurants, Dick had decided to improve his bilingual skills. He was getting rusty on many of the languages he once spoke fluently. The omega had puffed himself up proudly as he announced to Slade that he enrolled himself online for several classes. He had chosen Vietnamese, Korean and Spanish. He used to speak Spanish well but didn't like how little he now recalled.