𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐭

VERONICA CAME BACK HOME

VERONICA CAME BACK HOME. Thinking. Her best friend's funeral is tomorrow and he's alive but no one knows. Poor Joyce. She deserves to know what happened. El heard him, Dustin heard him, she heard him. "Hey kid," Steve says with sympathy.

"Hey" She replies. "Steve, can I tell you something?" He nods. "Will is alive"

"How?" Veronica sighed.

"I heard him" She threw her things to the ground. "I don't know how but I heard him" Steve gave a sympathetic smile and leaned down to her level.

"Are you sure you're not just...in denial?" Great. Even my brother doesn't believe me.

"I am not in denial, Steve. I swear" Steve tries to think of ways to make her feel better. He walks over to the kitchen and grabs chips and dip. 

"Do you want to watch E.T again?" Veronica looked at her big chunky TV. Then back at her brother who had a wide dopey grin on his face. She knew he was trying. It's not like he would understand what she's going through anyways.  She need something to distract her from the real world. Even its for two hours and fifty five minutes.

"Yeah"

................................................................................................................................................................

And so the day came. One of her best friends funeral. She knows he isn't dead but she can't help but feel a little emotional. She hated being this sensitive in front of people. Frankly, the boys weren't used to it. This was a whole new side of her for the boys. At best the only time she cried in front of them is when she broke her leg in a very competitive race with Lucas and he cheated by tripping her. "Hey, Ronnie. Ronnie wake up...its time" Steve had let her sleep in. He never really knew how hard it was to loose a friend but he didn't want to make it hard for her or feel like no one understood. Considering his parents stopped caring after Veronica was born, he's trying his best.

Veronica threw on a black dress paired with a thin white belt. She looked at herself in the vanity. What have I gotten myself into? Steve walked in, interrupting her thoughts.

"Do you want anything else to add to your already awesome outfit?" She shook her head no.

"Could you get moms leather jacket please? I like it" Thats the only positive thing Veronica has said about he mother since she was six. Steve looks at her kind of startled.

"Oh-um..yeah...yeah okay" Veronica flashes him a smile. Thats all he's wanted to see since he heard about Will's death. All he's wanted.