𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗧𝗨𝗕

VERONICA AND DUSTIN SAT ON THE COUCH TOGETHER AS HE CLEANED HER WOUNDED HAND

VERONICA AND DUSTIN SAT ON THE COUCH TOGETHER AS HE CLEANED HER WOUNDED HAND. "Dustin...I think I'm scared" Veronica admitted. Veronica hated admiting when she was scared but she felt safe with Dustin. Unlike anyone else before. The curly haired boy gazed up her. He gazed at her puzzled. Even the so called fearless brave girl...had fears?

"Scared of what?" Dustin asked with a soft tone.

"What's gonna happen to you. What's gonna happen to me. What if you had died back there? Or what if I had died back there?-"

"Stop. Don't say that" Dustin scolded her lightly. "Please. Nothing is going to happen to you" He looked down at her hand. "Not again. It would kill me if it did"

"Dustin, don't worry about me. But I swear. I will never in a billion years let anything happen to you ever" Dustin smiled.

"Looks like we're gonna have to look after eachother then" Dustin rubbed Veronica's wound which was patched with tape. Veronica's slightly chapped lips smiled. The two looked down at eachother's lips then back to their eyes. They got closer...and closer and-

"Dustin!" Lucas's voice yelled through the walkie.

"Lucas!" Veronica yelled into the walkie "Can you hear me!?" Nothing. Dustin and Veronica stared at ecahother before dashing into the bathroom where Mike and El stood.

"it's Lucas! I think he's in trouble!" Dustin exlaimed. The two follow the Henderson and the Harrington to the walkie talkie. Veronica began twisting and turning the knobs to get a clearer signal. But all they could hear was incoherent screaming from the other end.

"what's he saying?" Mike asked, glaring at the two.

"I don't know. He's way out of range" The four stood there listening to Lucas scream. Veronica snatched the walkie.

"Lucas if you can hear us, slow down we can't understand you!" Veronica yells.

"Yes! I copy! Do you!? They know about Eleven!? They know about Eleven! Get out of there! They know about Eleven! The bad men are coming! All of them! Do you hear me!? The bad men are coming!"

"Mad hen does that mean anything to you?" Dustin asked impatiently.

"Like a code name or something?" Veronica paced.

"Bad men..." Mike murmers. "Bad men!" Mike yells while holding El's hand. Mike and Dustin flee upstairs while Veronica and Eleven run out the bcack door to get their bikes.