A letter from the past

Friday

****Sophia's POV****

"Dad I really wish you didn't have to leave tomorrow, I'm really going to miss you."
I said taking a bite of my pizza

"I know Hunny I'm going to miss you too, but you know I am always a phone call or face-time away. It's hard imagining leaving my 22 year old daughter here in New York City but I know you're going to be great."
Ryan said

"You haven't even left yet and I already miss you."
I said

"I know."
Ryan grinned and looked down

"It's hard to believe when I used to play as a kid I always imagined being a detective and now here I am so close."
I said

"I know, you used to always run around with your little badge and notepad ready to solve anything and everything."
Ryan laughed

I laughed

"You know Hunny there's something I never told you."
Ryan said

"What is it?"
I asked

Ryan took a deep breath Took something out of his pocket

It was a letter

"Your mom sent this to me about a year ago and I didn't share it with you because I've still processing it myself."
Ryan handed me the letter

I was shocked

Sophia,
I wanted to say I'm sorry for leaving you and abandoning you when you was too little to understand or imagine. You was never why I left and not even your dad, truth be told I had my own issues and I couldn't deal with them so I just packed up and left one night after your dad and I got into it. He begged me not to leave, but I made the choice. I wanted you to know that I have always loved you and hope one day you can find it in you to forgive me. I knew the moment you was born you would be something amazing one day, you already was honestly. I hope that one day we could re-connect and I can make it right with you.
I love you Sophia Ryan Tanner
Love,
Vicki Tanner (mom)

I put the letter down and let out a deep breath

"Wow."
Is all I could get out

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you or share with you sooner."
Ryan said

"No, honestly I'm glad you waited."
I smiled

"Did she have a return address?"
I asked

"No, which I don't know why she didn't. I hoped everyday after I got that letter maybe she would write again."
Ryan said

2:00 am

I laid in bed thinking about that letter my mom sent, thinking about how things could have or would have been.
I sat up in my bed and looked out my huge windows at the lit up city, my bedroom had a perfect view of the city and I think my bedroom was my favorite part of my apartment.
I got up from my bed and looked out through my windows who were huge, at a city who never seems to sleep but the view is so comforting and relaxing at the same time.

I wonder if my mom could be out there? Could she be looking for me? All the questions

All the questions

My final question of the night was-what adventures await for me here in NYC