Getting to know each other

****Sonny's POV****

2 weeks later
Monday September 12th

Things are going so much better, I haven't—well Sophia and I haven't had any more run-ins or issues with Lauren and that boyfriend Travis of hers. Sophia and I have gotten super close over the last 2 weeks and she's been exactly who I've always wanted in my life. She's such a great friend and Great listener. Shes began to talk some about her life prior to NYC but always wants to hear about my life more. We've gotten to the place we tell each other everything. Wild and crazy how fast we got close to one another. She loves her dad so much and I know she misses him. I haven't got to meet him over FaceTime yet. But you know it's sad about her mom as well. She doesn't like to talk about it, she in her words doesn't want to cry about it, she's a great girl and her mom is really missing out. I hope that after the letter she got, she'll one day know her or have some sort of closure.

My mom Serafina is still with me, says she would go home back to Staten Island in about a week as long as I was doing ok, which I am. She just worried which I understand, considering what happened. I've struggled in my life but hadn't gotten to that point.

Sophia and I was hanging out today, it was a long day today.
We was at my apartment sitting outside on the terrace.

"Ok I'm not going to lie I have cramps and I just really want a lot of chocolate and bad food."
Sophia said taking a drink of her soda

I sorta chuckled

"I'm sorry I'm sure that's weird."
Sophia's face turned red

I just burst out laughing

"Not at all, I do have a mom and my older sister Isabella you know."
I smiled

"Yeah and you know I'm not really this comfortable with people and especially if I haven't known you long but I find comfort in you."
Sophia looked at me and smiled

I felt what she said

"So when do I get to meet your dad?"
I asked

"Hmm, I don't know he'll be up here for fall break in October. I'm sure I could let you join in on a FaceTime call, he's more fond of you now."
Sophia said

"What do you mean fond of me now?"
I asked

"Well he wasn't too happy with the Lauren deal, but you know after that blew up-and I told him what happened with you and how I was with Fin, and what I had to do in that moment. (Sophia let out a deep breath) Sonny I never told you this when Fin asked me how I knew to do that after they rolled you out on the gurney, I knew it from my past."
Sophia paused leaning up looking down

Sophia was really getting serious
Sophia wiped her eyes
I didn't know what to do other than to listen

Sophia looked back up at me her eyes was heavy and tear filled

"When I was 15 years old there was a lot of mother daughter things going on events in middle school and high school seeing other girls with their mom's-Of course I'm a teenage girl, the hormones, being a few years into puberty, my dad being mom and dad having to talk to me about things. I had some great women in my life because he had some nice woman friends from his work who would hangout with him at the house and stuff, but it was want the same. I missed having a mom I only had one for 5 years."
Sophia looked down and smiled sorta chuckled
She wiped her eyes

I sat there and put my hand on her shoulder
"It's ok."
I said

Sophia nodded her head

"One Friday night after a sporting event I just got triggered, and couldn't take it anymore. I overdosed on medicine in attempts to end my life. I cracked. I broke down, and that was it. The story my dad told me was based on the time of how the medicine had progressed when he found me, I laid there probably about 30 minutes. When he was talking to the operator they had told him as long as nothing was already coming out of my mouth to stick his fingers/hand in my mouth to get me to throw up, and he did just that. I don't remember anything but I guess I did throw up some. I don't remember anything for a few days than other than being on psych for awhile since I was a minor and needed some help since I just broke down. My dad loved me every step of the way well-my dad told me what happened later of what I don't remember but he almost broke I almost broke him. I never had anymore issues after that where I tried to die, but I remembered he told me about sticking his fingers down my throat to get me to puke, and in that moment when we found you, I remembered quick and knew. (Sophia let out a deep breath) You know I've never told anyone this."
Sophia looked at me