Chapter 2: Nandini

The car stops in front of me, I tilt my head a little to just confirm one last time if it was the bad news himself.

Yup it's him, fucking hell I wish I stayed home.

I looked at him wearing a suit, at this time of the day I mean maybe he had a meeting but damn still. It was a dark blue basic Armani suit, but it seemed hella expensive. He too tilts his head as I was standing on the slope which he couldn't really see me properly, I looked at his dark brown eyes which stared in to my soul. Honestly they looked calm and scary at the same time, felt like he was going to destroy me for betraying him in a business deal or something in the calmest way possible.

"If you're done analysing me, get in" I heard his deep voice as he rolled down the windows

Oh how did he? Was I saying it out loud?

The sarcastic, rude, narcissistic yet charming Manik Malhotra who happens to be my brothers only best friend. To be honest I don't know how they are friends both of them are like totally different, I'm not judging but manik oh my he's like the perfect example of a guy who's hot and rich but can't stand him for his rudeness. See I've only met like two times and I've confirmed that already, once was when we first moved in I only saw him for a day and then at cabirs wedding was like a day too and we exchanged like max 50 words, which was related to Cabir mostly. I may sound like judgemental but trust me you'll see why in a bit.

"What? Do you want me to like open the door for you or something" he rolls his eyes

Oh he's a gentleman too I forgot to add

I took a deep breath and opened the door before I hear any taunts from him, he unlocks the door for me. I tilt my head down so I don't hit the car ceiling and sit in the seat next to him, he does not look at me at all not that I care. He drives off

I felt warm instantly with the heater that was turned on in his car, which made his cologne smell even stronger. Him and his car both smelt expensive, oh and the interior was so stunning inside I honestly admired his choices regarding this.

I could not stand the silence in the car, especially with no music no nothing I could literally hear the heater and is breathing.

"So did Cabir send you?" I ask, it was honestly a stupid question to ask but I couldn't stand the silence.

"No just had a random thought that you might be waiting for me here to get picked up so I came to check" here comes the sarcasm, I don't blame him for this one because of the stupid question I asked.

I let out a laugh and look towards him, he finally shifts his gaze to me not even reacting one bit keeping his classic poker face. He looked at me like I'm the weirdest person on this earth, which made my laugh and the atmosphere awkward.

"Thank you though, for picking me up I really appreciate it" I try to be thankful.

He doesn't respond to that keeping his eyes on the road. His ego matched his position though I won't lie, he was the CEO of India's top digital marketing company. He was the one of the best in his field.

God I've never been so silent in my life, this is so awkward

Suddenly a noise starts going off from his car media, he looks at it and then at me I could feel his eyes on me "do not speak a word, this is important"

I furrow my eyebrows at him "main kabse kaha Kuch bol rahi hu"

He ignores me and answers the call, looks like it was a call from his office. He didn't mind answering it in front of me too I was shocked, maybe it wasn't that confidential.