Chapter 41: Nandini

A few weeks had passed since manik was home. Cabir, navya, mukti, alya, Dhruv, abhimanyu and uncle had gone back to india. At first uncle didn't want to leave but Cabir said it would be the best for him to go back so there's someone who manik trusts can look after the business til manik fully recovers and can join back, plus it would be a great idea for him to get back to his life normally.

Although Cabir could've handled Manik's business both Cabir and manik thought uncle should do it and in that way he can not feel like his life has changed in any way. Which leaves to me and manik staying together, at first I did hesitate because of the things going on between us but then it was a good idea because I am a doctor and if manik needs anything I can be there.

Cabir decided to move us to a smaller house as it was just the two of us, we moved to a smaller cottage type house near the hospital area so manik didn't have to travel much far to get to the hospital.

We were coming back from the hospital, I parked the car and helped manik get out of the car. He was very very week still, I remember first few days he walked a little and then would get so dizzy he had to literally lay down. I opened the door and we both walked in.

"Fuck I feel so dizzy again, when will this get better" I stop as I hear Manik's voice, he had his hand on his head.

"Manik tum please beth jao, it'll get better don't pressure your forehead or anything" I hold his hand and pulling him to the sofa.

As he sits on the couch I put a pillow behind it so he can rest his head on it. "I'll get you water okay" I move to the dining table which had a jug of water, I pour out some for manik bringing it to him. He grabs it from my hand drinking the whole glass empty.

"God this feels like hell, my head is killing me" he mutters, I know I understand how tough the recovery period can be especially in the early times, when manik crosses two months he will feel much better.

"Anything I can do to help?" I ask him even though nothing that I can do that'll help him feel better it's all up to the immune of his body.

"Yes" he looks up at me "come here" he stretches one of his hands out to my side indicating me to come in his arms. He seriously doesn't leave a chance to get me close to him, and again why do I even ask? I know his answers from now on. I smile a little and scoot over to him as he closes his arms placing him on my shoulder, I rest my head on his chest lightly.

"Seee I feel much better already" he says with a cheerful tone, his hands constantly move on my shoulder. "Nandini"

"Hmm?" I look up at him a bit, he was told not to bend his head forward so he doesn't look down at me.

"I really appreciate that you are taking care of me despite what I've done to you, if it was someone else they wouldn't even look back or probably pray that I never get well from this but here you are taking care of me" he speaks, I know he's trying so hard not to look at me and he wants to. Every-time manik spoke he would look in to my eyes and no where else.

"I told you not talk to talk about this until you fully recover" I tell him and lift my head up from his chest so he can look at me and so can I.

"I know Lekin Kya main tumhe appreciate bhi nahi kar sakta?" He lifts his head and looks up at me.

I just give him a smile, to be honest I don't know whether when he tells me his side if I'll be ever able to forgive him or trust him again? Right now I don't think about it that much, I'm fully focused on Manik's health and I'm doing this not only for myself but uncle too, he can never see anything happen to manik.

"Well uhm I'll make us food" I clear my throat as I walk to the kitchen.

"Can I come watch?" He stands up too, these days everyday when I cook manik would come sit on the kitchen bench and would just talk to me or watch me cook or sometimes I would let him help too.