Chapter 5: Manik

I cant get the sight out of my head, the one where Nandini was in her room wrapping in the towel that was just touching her knees, her bare shoulders had her wet dropping hair on it. Her skin looked soft as butter—fuck I shouldn't be thinking of her like that, I need to get a hold of myself or I might lose control one day.

Back to reality

"You better have came up with some good strategy, I can't lose this one" I look at my assistant as we walk in to the casino, Sounds weird right that I'm having a meeting here? I always thought it was the safest place to play any ploy.

"I've got everything ready, this is definitely ours" he looks at me with confidence, I trust this confidence he has but I know the person I'm meeting with is an asshole. I've asked him for a land lease back in Australia, $10mil per month which was reasonable but his cocky ass has been rejecting it for 3 months but now he's finally decided to meet.

"Good evening Mr Malhotra" he shakes his hand with me

"Good evening, thank you for organising a meeting at last" I give him a smile, we sit around the poker table.

"What would you like to have?" He asks me, I take a deep breath I hate beating around the bush I want to get to the point but I know I have to take it easy here.

"Scotch is fine" I tell him, he orders us drinks that come in less than 2 minutes. He must really come here often for the drinks to be served this quick.

"So a quick game of poker before we talk business?" He looks at me, ugh whatever.

"Okay" I say like I'm excited , the dealer deals the cards. I was hoping for good cards on my hand, I lift them up. Great. Six of hearts, four of clubs, nine of spades and two of spades. Ain't no way I'm winning with this card, I know that guy must have better cards anything is better than these shit cards I got.

He looks at his cards smirking, which makes it obvious that he definitely has something that is worth playing.

He looks at me smiling while putting his cards down "how about we make this interesting? So you still want that lease right for 10 million a month right?"

"I mean issiliye toh main yaha aaya hu"

"How about if you win this, main deal change karke 8 million per month kar dunga but if you lose then 20% of your company is mine" fucking asshole, I know he has them real good cards for him to be allowing 8 instead of 10 when he didn't even want this deal, and wanting 20% of my company he definitely has some aces and kings.

I had to win this though "how do I know that you won't pull out of this"

"I'm making a promise" he simply says

"Nope, I'm gonna need your offer in writing just so you don't back out if I win" i emphasis the word 'win'

"Toh Tum Kya chahte ho? Main apne lawyer ko yaha bulao?" He lets out a laugh.

I scoff "no need, I was a pre law student so I got some experience " I ask my assistant for a piece of paper and a pen, I write all the deals we made on it and sign it for the proof, I hand it over to him for his turn to sign. "Because my mother used to say, never make promises you can't keep its rude and impolite"

He nods and signs it looking over for it to check if I've added some things that he disagrees with.

"I had a better strategy to negotiate" my assistant bends down a little whispering to my ears

"Just trust me, I'm about to win a land lease on a good price" i smirk and take the paper from the guy as my assistant looked at us worried. I fold the paper and put it in aside me making sure it was safe.