Chapter 23: Nandini

"Nandini thank you for—"

"Shut up" I put a hand out in front of him cutting him off "agar ek Aur baar thank you bola hai toh...toh I'm breaking up with you!" I say out of no where.

"Accha—Tum mujhe dhamki de rahi ho?" He eyes me

"Yes take it as that" I shrug my shoulders crossing my arms

"You aren't breaking up with me, not now not never" he pulls me closer to him placing his hands on my waist

"Itna confidence?" I look at me tilting my head

"Yes sweetheart, agar humare beech mein ladai bhi hui toh we will sit down and solve it but you aren't getting rid of me" he confesses, I can't help but smile hearing those words out of his mouth—I mean who would've expected manik Malhotra to say these things to anyone? But here he is saying them to me.

"Of course, but manik I think we should tell Cabir now" I raise the topic

"We will, but main wait kar raha hu jab Woh wapas aaye" manik speaks as he moves the hair from my face "it's good agar aisi sab baatein hum usse milke bataye"

"I know, I just don't want him finding out from somewhere before we tell him" I worry, I never hid anything from Cabir and I didn't want to hide this too and I wasn't planning to either, it's just me and manik thought it would be a good idea if we told him face to face.

"Don't worry too much Nandini" he pinches my cheeks as i squint my eyes. "Anyways what is next on this date?"

"Food of course, what do you want to eat?" I ask him

"You" he winks at me, ugh this guy is making me go crazy in a good way of course.

"Chii manik" I slap him playfully on his arms as he laughs throwing his head back. "Maine plan kiya tha that we would go home and cook together" I managed to finally tell him, he wasn't a big fan of cooking because he didn't know how to and he hated that part so he would avoid it but he wanted me to teach him anyway.

"I am down for whatever you planned" he says with his brightest smile yet, I nod as we go to his car and this time he drives as he knows where we were heading to.

Manik drove back to the house talking about his experiences with boxing as I kept shooting him questions, but I was tempted to ask him why he stopped and I know it would make him upset but I wanted to give it try, but before I could we reached home already so I decided to ask while we were cooking.

I go to the door and out of habit I press the bell. "Oh shit I forgot, no one's home right now" I say and put my hands in my purse searching for the key but before I could find the key the door clicks open.

I look towards the door and one of the staff had opened the door, which was very odd because I sent them all home since there wasn't anything to do.

"Aap abhi tak gayi nahi? I thought I gave you all a half day off" I say

"He called us back" she says looking at me and manik who had our hands locked in together

"Who the hell is there?!" I startle as I hear my dads voice, maybe dad is back? But why does he sound so angry.

"Dad is here?" I look at her as she gives me a nod, her face had nothing but a worrier look on it, like she was fearing something.

"Nandini beta, aap abhi maat aaiye—he seems very angry right now" she tells me, the staff has been with us for years now and they aren't unknown to the fact that my dad probably doesn't like me very much for reasons that no one knows, so if there's a situation that I must avoid with him they tend to always give me heads up—like suppose when they call me from my room or right now.