Chapter 12: Manik

"You didn't make up to me—humari date uss din adhuri reh gayi thi" tanya locks her arms in mine. She was one clingy ex that I had to get rid of somehow.

My eyes go on Nandini who was standing there in the middle while all the other men stared at her, which made my blood boil—whatever I was feeling I don't know if it was jealousy or these men around here are piece of shit and they don't deserve Nandini or whatever they are thinking to do with her.

Nandini looked breathtakingly gorgeous today though, especially with her backless moonlight blue dress, she had her long hair down which was covering her back mostly. Good.

"Are you even listening to me?" Tanya speaks again trying to get my attention to her.

"No because I don't fucking care" I reply coldly. "That wasn't a date—main uss din tumse milne issiliye aane wala tha to tell you that's it's fucking over between us and you need to accept that and leave me alone"

"Are you seriously breaking up with me right now? Maine esa Kya kiya?" She asks pretending to shed out her tears, which didn't phase me at all.

"I broke up with you three fucking weeks ago, uske baad jo bhi Tum dimmag mein soch rahi thi hum dono ke liye was one sided—I only said yes to other day was to properly explain it to you but looks like you're dumb as hell" after I told her I wanted to break up with her 3 weeks ago she just kept texting and calling me like she was practically begging me to not leave her which made me even angry. Nothing turns me off more than a girl acting desperate like she did.

"Watch your words manik—Tum bhool gaye you have a deal with my father" she moves closer to me.

"Konsi deal? Wohi fake wali that I made up to get all your fathers investors, anyways your father lost his investors to me—so go ahead tanya jao go chotti bacchi ki tarah apne papa ko jaake complain karo okay" I take a step back sipping on my whiskey, I could see her fuming in anger.

"Manik you can't do this to me!" She almost yells grabbing some peoples attention around us who were close around us. As I looked around at the people staring at us my eyes fall on Nandini again who was standing at the bar sipping her drink as a man approaches her—wait who the fuck is that? Is that one of my investor aadvait? He walked to Nandini saying something which I'm assuming he was flirting. He put out his hand forward in front of her as she gave him a laugh, and gave him his hand. What the fuck is happening?. Both of them walk to the dance floor having their hand in each other as they start dancing.

"Manik!" Tanya calls me out again once again diverting my attention to hers. 

"Can you be fucking quiet?" I grit my teeth in anger "look there's men around there looking at you—they are rich, good looking do whatever you want with them not me. I'm not interested" I say for the last time.

"Fuck you, this isn't over—"

Before I let her finish her sentence I make my way over to Nandini and that—aadvait guy. Why did she even say yes to him? And most importantly why the fuck do I care?

He had his hands wrapped around her hips as they danced together on the romantic music playing in the background. I stood next to them as I heard her laugh which was more clear to me than the loud as music playing.

"I want to hear the same joke too" I interrupt them, both of them stop dancing and look at me but my eyes were on Nandini who had a confused and a surprised look on her face as she saw me.

"Main joke nahi mar raha tha, manik" he emphasis the my name as if he's telling me to go away, but I wasn't going no where. "Do you mind? We are dancing" he speaks again