Chapter 40: Manik

The next few days I spent at the hospital were hard. More tests and more doctor visits and even more nurse visits, I actually hated it so much it felt like I was in a prison or something, I couldn't even work or anything—dad started taking care of all of that with my manager even though we were still in Iceland.

The only best part of staying at the hospital was the nights with Nandini, she would stay with me every night making sure I was fine, she would sleep on the couch and falling asleep making sure I was comfortable and this only made me love her more, after all that I've put her through she's taking care of me selflessly.

Cabir, dad, navya and others would come visit regularly in the morning while Nandini would go home to change to freshen up, surprisingly even mukti has been showing up asking me time to time if I'm good, maybe she just has the doctor in her because I know she clearly hates me after what I had done to Nandini and I don't blame her but surprisingly she's been nice to me.

In the second or the third night I was having trouble breathing, it's really hard to just breathe from your mouth the whole time rather than nose. It was so fucking uncomfortable too.

The room was dark, it was probably around 2am and I could hear the nurses walking around in the hallway to check on other patients.

"Tum soh nahi rahe ho" I hear Nandini's voice, it was more of a statement.

I tilt my head towards her a little as I see her looking up at me although I could barely see her. "No but I'm trying" I tell her.

"Do you need anything manik? Tumhe Kuch ho raha hai? You are feeling okay na?" She throws heaps of questions at me clearly indicating she was hell worried for me. She shoots herself up from the couch coming to me.

"I'm fine baby, I just can't sleep" I whisper to her, I could barely see her still the room was dark except a little light coming from the city and the curtains being a little open it was clearly snowing outside. "Are you fine?" I ask.

"Yes manik I'm fine" she puts her hand over me.

"Why aren't you sleeping then?"

"Kyunki Tum nahi soh rahe ho, I don't go to sleep unless you do" she tells me

"I know, which is why we should sleep together" I suggest to her.

"Uhm okay, that can work...ill go back to the couch and count to 10 and we both close our eyes at the same time and try our hardest to sleep then we can maybe fall asleep—"

I roll my eyes but I know she couldn't see "stop playing dumb, I meant you come sleep in this bed with me smartass"

"I don't think that's a good idea—you'll feel uncomfortable" she replies ignoring my sarcastic remark.

"No I won't, you're tiny" I say, as I hear her scoff.

"I am not tiny!" She defends herself

"Please? It'll help me sleep" I quickly add before she could say no again, I also scoot a little to the side making space for her. The hospital bed was pretty big than usual since Cabir had booked a private which is why I could fit Nandini in here and plus like I said she is tiny even if she denies it. She took a deep breath and settles next to me, I could smell her perfume and her hair which always smelt like coconuts.

I turned to my side facing hers.

"You're supposed to sleep on your back manik, not on your side" she tells me off immediately. See? I wasn't wrong what I said to the doctor, she is strict.

"Thank you for reminding me doctor, my back of the head is tingling a little I can barely feel it so I want to stay like this for some time" I tell her, she turns to me and our hands touch—I could see her closer now, all her features in the moon light, god she was gorgeous as hell.