// o n e //

Chapter Song: An Encounter - The 1975

Year two thousand and thirteen...

"And that would be $5.99" I said as the little machine printed out the receipt for the item the customer had bought, she handed out the money and I immediately put it inside the cash register. "I received an exact amount, no change left" I gave her the bottle of beverage she purchased and she walked her way out of the shop.

The shop doesn't have that much customer as of the moment, it was a friday. It's usually like this when that day comes around. Sales are not really strong, I sat on my stool and had my hands under my chin and let out a soft and quiet whistle.

My shift's gonna end at five just before the sun set, it was currently three pm. I had two more hours to go and head home, I was waiting for my favorite customer— his name is Matthew. I started just two months ago, and this boy often comes here to buy alcohol and cigarettes with three of his friends.

And I must say i fell in love at first sight, that's cliché. He was just so cool and pretty. I snapped out of my reverie when the bells hanged above the glass door made a sound, someone came in—my head immediately making a turn to see if it was them—and to my disappointment, it was not who I was expecting to see.

Just some random old guy with his old fashion style on. He put down all of his items and made payments, "Thank you." he said not bothering to even look at me and headed out before I could even answer him.

"Fuck you." I mumbled and sat back down again, boredom filling every area of my body. I looked at my wrist watch to see the time, 3:27 pm it said, will he come?

Three or five people already went in and out and bought some stuff I don't have any idea where they'll use it but I couldn't care less. He was still not entering the shop. Is he not gonna come by like he usually does? I rolled my eyes and tapped my fingers on the counter, patiently but also impatiently waiting for this particular boy to come.

After minutes of waiting, the door opened—revealing Matty and his friends, looking pretty hyped. The two fled the store and ran through sections of shelves, while Matty went straight to my direction and I stood up immediately fixing my wrinkled clothing.

He leaned his arms on the counter as he looked back at the boys' direction then turned his head to look at me. "W-what can i do for you?" I was not planning to stutter but fuck I still did, I can feel my face starting to get extremely hot, "Hello..." He paused and looked down my chest where my nametag was, "Olivia." he said with his soft, dreamy voice.

"Looking really bomb with that pretty face." He leaned a bit closer, looking one more time at my chest. He's definitely flirting with me. "Olivia." He repeated but now in a flirting kind of tone. "Yeah?" I asked, waiting for his response, my heart was racing and my palms were starting to produce liquids.

"we—" he didn't had the chance to finish his sentence when his friends came up to us raising their hands that were full of bottles of alcohol.

"here" the guy with the probably bleached more than once hair said and dropped the bottles one by one, "six pack of alcohol, total of $10.88" i said and gazed over at this boy in front me who had his beautifully coiled hair, it's length stopping at the tip of his nose.

still, the guy with the tall figure pulled out some cash from his jean's pocket and handed me, "i received $20, your change will be $9.12" i said, looking over matty like no one's allowed to, then he looked back and i turned my head in speed.

i handed out the change and it was matty's hand that fetched the money, his hands colliding with mine as his fingertips gently and flirtatiously touched my skin obviously doing it on purpose, "thank you" the guy with the beard one said and started to walk away, "see you 'round, olivia" matty softly whispered and for the last time pinned his eyes on my tag.