// e i g h t //

adam's loud chewing can be heard in the space as he was just sitting in front of me, "for fuck's sake adam shut that loud mouth of yours" george complained as he covered adam's mouth with his hands making ross burst out of laughter who was sitting on the opposite side of them. "you chew like a goat" matty sneered as he stood up from his seat, walking towards the sink; dumping his plate and utensils. the three were wheezing as they kept on annoying each other like a bunch of kids.

"stop!" adam giggled as he tried to smack george and ross who was now teasing him, these three are literally like kids-me and matty were the only one who still had our shits tacked together. it feels like we were babysitting three big babies, "hey! quit that now, put the dishes on the sink, ross you're scheduled to wash these remember?" i said and fetched the things i used; putting it in the sink.

"yes, mother" ross answered and joked, "mother?" adam started to laugh at what ross had said, "go wash the dishes ross" george gave him a smug face and got up. "you're just lucky it's not your 'wash the dishes day'" ross rolled his eyes and got to the sink to start washing, we made a schedule of who's gonna do the dishes on a certain day, monday and wednesday's mine, tuesday is adam's, thursday is ross', friday and sunday are matty's, saturday is george's.

and it was going well, they were cooperating, as well as doing the household chores; they are pretty good at it. i went straight to the bathroom and did my business there that i couldn't hold in anymore, i had my hands under my chin as i ponder. shit, i forgot i have work later, my hands traveled to my forehead and slightly smacked it then slid down my face, "fucking hell, i don't even feel like going to work" i mumbled, then laughed in my thoughts as i was feeling like my work requires a lot of heavy doings when all i do at work is stand behind the counter, scan the items and payment transactions.

it's not really my shift today, i was gonna cover up for my co-worker-gonna ditch work for a date. fucking hell, i couldn't say no since he did the same for me when i didn't go to work and gave lots of excuses to serve as an alibi.

but it's too boring you know, i wanted to do something that will bring me fun. maybe, an artist? i know and love how to draw but i haven't done that in years, i lost passion; i lost the spark in me. so maybe a no,-for now-i should've kept and chased my dream of being a famous artist, and entered a good university.

i did not finished college, i did not even entered it as we were running out financially when my father started to get into that drastic change, mum's salary aren't enough. so i sacrificed my dream and education into working, and then the time came where my mum died and no one could support me anymore, my hopes got drained. i just finished highschool.

if my relatives were still in contact with us, they would think 'oh what a total shame', because their kids probably had graduated from university and have some exquisite jobs that could provide their needs every single day. which i envy a lot to be honest, who wouldn't? being successful and all that stuff, a reason to be envious.

after all that thoughts, i got out the bathroom and headed straight to matty's room. i sat on his desk as my eyes roamed around the area, he had been scribbling on some of the papers, some were lyrics of a song-he was composing-but was unfinished. then a paper caught my eye, it was a song he had sang on the night we were having a bit of fun. it was the song they composed, the lyrics were beautifully written and made, but i was wondering why it was called robbers?

i wonder what was the inspiration behind this beautiful piece? i continued to read and analyze every single line-hoping it'll make sense of why it was called that. oh i think they had literally robbed something, somewhere, but the two lovers were together. the last line made me smile as i remembered that piece of table napkin where i had written that exact same words in. that i took inspiration from the film we had watched together.