// alternative ending //

Chapter Song: About You - The 1975

Matty's POV

"Matty." Adam called out, I looked in his way and raised a brow. "I'll go out, you take care of my place while I'm gone. Got it?" He threw me his spare house keys and made his exit. God, where is he going again? I rolled my eyes out of annoyance, that guy, does he think I'm some kind of a housekeeper?

My hands made its way to the remote control and turned on the television. "News, news, news. Fuckin' boring." I scoffed, what am I supposed to do here? Sit and look stupid all day? Definitely not gonna happen. I stood up and made my way out after I secured Hann's home, I also left a note saying I went out. With a matching xoxo to end the note.

I've been with Adam for 2 days, I was alone at my home and I didn't like that. So, I decided to just hang out with him for a while. I missed him, and I missed everyone.

Today was really sunny, and it felt like I was getting roasted under the sun—that was an exaggeration, it really wasn't that super hot. The place was really busy, the sound of cars passing by and the sound of this one particular car desperately honking its way out of the traffic.

After a good 15 minutes of walking, I reached the park. There were people taking a dog with their pets which I found really adorable, I had a dog which was a beagle when I was ten years old—his name was Richie. My mum named it after what was supposed to be my name when I was born. I thought it was lame. It really was. But it suits my pet, it was cute.

I sat on the bench and traveled my gaze around my surrounding, it gave me an ooze of peace. This is what I need, a little escape. "Can I take a sit beside you, if you don't mind?" A soft voice coming from a female asked, I didn't bother to look at her and just nodded. Of course, I do mind. I was having my alone time here, but I don't wanna be rude.

"A bit nice in here, isn't it?" She initiated a conversation with me, I don't wanna be a moron and just ignore her. "It is." I replied shortly, I suck at holding conversations like this nowadays especially if it's with a stranger. I got used to only talking to Adam all of the time. I had a bit of other friends, and I can count it on my fingers. About three.

After some time, the woman stood up and walked away without uttering a word. Maybe she finally realized that I wanted some silence and I was not up for some talking. But I also felt bored after she left, her presence was kind of soothing—even with her just sitting there.

I've been feeling quite alright these past few days, I go visit Olivia every time. And spent time with her 'til the sun comes down to rest for the night.

"It's getting kinda boring." I sighed.

My feet started to drag me out the park, and now I found myself waiting to cross the street. Then I felt someone bumped my side, "Oh I'm sorry." it was a kid, maybe around the age of twelve. I nodded and replied that it was alright. He handed out a piece of candy, maybe offering it as an apology which I found really nice. "You don't have to but thank you, kid." I gently patted his head, I can tell that he's a good kid.

My gaze followed a bus that was coming but immediately stopped after seeing a specific face I've been dreaming to see again. She met my eyes and I could see that she was surprised by her expression—as if she knew me too. It seems like she started to panic and was making her way out of the crowd behind her that was also waiting for the green light to cross the street.

I looked up to the traffic lights to see it turn green. My feet running hastily to catch up on her, I can't be mistaken. It really is her.

Olivia was desperately trying to lose me, she was running away from me. But to her disappointment, I caught her. I pulled her hand and got her closer to me. Immediately, my body greeted hers with a tight and yearning hug that I've been wanting to happen.