// t e n //

three days bleeds into the next, it's been that long since matty and i reconciled. he's been pretty great lately as i can observe, and what i mean by 'pretty great' was he's becoming more affectionate and sweet towards me—i think that's cute, it was like he was finally returning the energy i'm giving our relationship.

"hey liv, do you wanna go with me to go grocery shopping?" adam raised a brow while looking at me, i paused from doing my activity which was washing the dishes. "i'm still not done here—but yeah, sure. i will finish this quickly." i began to move with increased speed, ross was out somewhere—most of the time—while george was resting in his room. matty was also in his room, playing his guitar and composing songs that i am excited to hear after he's done.

i wiped my hands on the cloth nearby and tied my hair into a bun then grabbed my wallet just in case, "let's go" adam stood up from his seat and walked towards the door to open it up for me. "well, thank you gentleman" i let out a soft chuckle as i step a foot outside the house, we began to walk to the spot where we could catch a taxi to go on our way to the grocery store.

the sun was out, it was a bit hot and staying too long under it can burn my skin any moment now, it was like my skin was in contact with a hot pot and it burns like hell. "come here, you're already sweating" adam wheezed at me as he motioned his hands telling me to go stand beside him since he was under the shade of a tree. then seconds later adam waved at a taxi approaching our way and being the gentleman he is, adam opened the door for me again, chivalry is still alive and kicking well huh.

"george freaking cleared out the cabinet, did he ate all of the remaining food there?" adam lightly shook his head and clicked his tongue. "right, where did george went last night? he seemed knocked off and tired" i said as i grabbed three boxes of our favorite cereal and dumped it into the cart adam was pushing around, "he was trying to find a job on a local bar, but to his disappointment—he did not got it." he shrugged his shoulder as he walked beside me, still slowly pushing his cart as i grab the things we needed and gently tossed it inside.

"shame on that bar, how dare they not accept george." my eyes rolled itself, and that made adam cackle. "right? such stupid people." he agreed and came to an abrupt stop when he hit another person's cart, "oh—sorry" adam immediately apologized and maneuvered to let the other person get through.

"so this is all the we're gonna get?" adam asked for confirmation before we walked towards the paying section. i nodded and began to help the cashier arrange the item on top of the counter then she started to scan it one by one, me and adam paying attention to the screen that was displaying the computation of our items. "total of $26.73, cash or card?" the cashier politely asked with her sweet and calm voice, "cash please" adam started to grab his wallet behind his back pocket and fetch the payment then passed it into the woman.

"thank you, here's your purchase. please come again!" the woman's nice, i remember being like that on my first day of work and thought i have the best job ever. and now? i don't think it's the best but it pays our bills so i can kinda consider it, adam loaded the bags inside the taxi as he went in first before me.

the drive was just thirty minutes away from our home and we got back pretty quick, this time i was the one to open the door for adam since he was holding two bags full of our purchased grocery goods. george popped out of nowhere, rubbing his eyes, seems like he just woke up, "you guys went grocery shopping? sorry i ate the foods on the cabinet—i was starving last night..." he looked embarrassed and scratched the back of his head, "it's fine, we know you're tired." adam replied as he helped me unpack the items from the bags and arrange it on the cabinet and on the fridge.

then i heard matty's door opened and closed, spitting matty out the hallway. his hair was a mess as his clothes were wrinkled, "hey." he walked pass me as his hand glided across my waist to my behind. "can you continue this for me adam, i'll just use the bathroom" i asked before going off towards the mentioned room when adam nodded as an answer.