// s p e c i a l //

the smell of my newly brewed coffee entered its way inside my nostrils, my eyes automatically closed, i held the cup up to my lips and took a gulp of my drink. i fetched my coat on the way outside the coffee shop, i looked around the place as i made my way down the street of california. a lot of people were passing by, some were in a group of three or more, some were alone like i was, but it's okay, i like my company.

"maybe i should go to adam's place" an idea popped into my mind, making my feet turn me around, making its own way around the street and all i know is, i am now making my way to adam's place. i panted as i finished climbing the stairs to my old man's prison, my hands immediately knocking on the wooden door, "wait a minute!" i heard adam yell inside, he was taking too long to open the door so i got a bit frustrated, who wouldn't be? after climbing that damn stairs to go to the 4th floor and then waiting for what it seems like forever outside because your friend's a slow pal.

finally, the door slightly opened. adam's eyes peeking through the small gap of the door, "what are you here for?" he asked in a bored and annoyed tone as if he doesn't want to see me or completely don't want me here—outside his apartment. "i have nothing else to do, and you probably don't have anything to do too. so i was wondering if we could hang out or something, i don't really know." my hands traveled to the back of my head, my fingernails slightly scraping on my skin as i scratched it.

"get out healy, i have a visitor" he looked back inside and mouthed something at someone, "oooh wonder who it is, i bet it's a woman. okay well, enjoy." i said, in a teasing tone and gave him a wink, adam rolled his eyes at me—giving me a chuckle afterwards then started to shove me away. of course, i did.

the wind greeted me as i got out the building, strands of my curly hair slapping my face as i started to walk—some even got into my mouth. i looked over at my watch to see that it was already five in the afternoon, time is ticking by so fast. then i felt a feeling of thirst, and i know what to get to satisfy it and where to get it. "welcome, sir" one of the pub employee greeted me immediately the moment i entered the space. the loud echo of the blasting upbeat music from the karaoke rang through my ears causing me to flinch a little, i feel like my ear's gonna bleed, "thank you" i replied and made my way inside and straight to the bartender—ordering my usual go-to drinks, a hard one.

"here you go, sir" the bartender gently presented my drink which i immediately fetched and gulped straight with no hesitation, the look on his face seeing me do that was quite funny. "another one." and that went on and on, the drink started to hit me on the right spot, i began to feel dizzy. i put down the shot glass down and made my way somewhere—i don't really know where i was going, all i know is that i am following the loud blasting voice of someone singing, it was a bit of a struggle to me because it seems like my world was spinning.

i kept on bumping on something, then i tripped over and landed on my back. i tried to focus my sight, to see people sitting on a large couch, looking at me—with a surprised look. i gently stood up and looked behind to see where the music was coming from, i walked towards the guy who was singing and fetched the microphone away—stealing it. "what the—" i shushed and shoved him away, and now returning my gaze at the karaoke monitor and started to sing the tune that was playing, or more like mumbling it. then i found myself enjoying it, the people were also enjoying what they were seeing. some were even cheering for me which i feel happy about, i traveled my gaze and immediately stopped when i saw a extremely familiar face, a face that i've been dying to see for the past four years. the face i've been wanting to hold and caress.

it was olivia.

my hands slowly let go of the mic, causing it to fall and hit the ground. making a small sound of feedback from the fall, as my feet walked its way towards olivia, her eyes were pinned on me—already expecting me to come to her direction. her face was beaming and glowing, still beautiful, my feet stopped on its track once i was standing in front of her, olivia tilted her head to look at me, her smile still plastered on her plump red lips that i want to dominate with mine.