// f o u r //

three weeks had already passed since that had happened—the disaster, but it also lead me to meeting my new found family. they had been really nice to me, and treated me as i was no different to them. me and matty became extremely close over that three weeks of being with each other.

i was on the last hour of my shift here at the store, to be honest it was not really my shift—i was not supposed to go to work today, but the person who was assigned today got sick and i had to cover up today's shift for him and that means i'll earn an extra amount for doing this.

"thank you for purchasing, please come again" i said in a pleasing tone, putting on my forced sweet smile as i handed out the purchased item to this middle aged woman who comes frequently to this store to buy her daily necessities for the next days. "thank you" she smiled before taking off and headed outside, i grabbed my hairtie off my wrist and pulled my hair up—tying it as i was starting to sweat.

then the door opened, spitting matty. he raised his hands and waved as he approached my way, "you're still not done here?" he asked as he rested his arms on the counter, "i still have an hour left, are you going to buy something?" i had my hand under my chin and raised a brow at him, not surprised if he said he'll buy a pack of cigarette or his good ole alcohol. i've already noticed the frequent purchase of alcohol by them, but never crossed my mind that they were a literal alcohol addict and comes with that is...the guys were also addicted to drugs—mostly cocaine.

and the bad thing is, i got heavily influenced by them over the time i was living with them—maybe because i wanted to satisfy matty, maybe i wanted to be that kind of person that he likes, maybe i was just desperate—then eventually got addicted, couldn't seem to halt the use and intake of it. it brought happiness and sense of escape for me anyway.

i was under the spell of drugs and alcohol, i became one of them—and if i'm gonna be honest, i've never been more fucking happy and free. i felt alive whenever i use it, it gave me euphoria even though it just lasts for a limited time, but it guaranteed me happiness. i would take it before i go to sleep, matty would join me. we all found happiness in that, and we were contented of that source.

"not really, i just went to see you then take you home" matty gave me a smile before removing his arms up the counter when somebody came in, "i'm gonna wait outside, or maybe go back then return to fetch you" he said as he made way for the customer that was about to ask something.

"yeah sure, be careful on your way" i gave him a small wave before he turned his back on me and walked towards the door, giving me a wink before disappearing. "can i ask if you now have a stock of that brand of snack i was looking for a day ago?" the kid asked me.

"oh right...sorry we still don't have. the supplier haven't provided any of those." i answered with my gentle voice, he was a ten year old kid who always come by here to buy his favorite snack. kid came here a day ago looking for his usual purchase but we got no stocks for it at the moment.

"well...thank you miss cashier" he looked disappointed as he began to walk away and made his way out the store. i pulled my stool from under the counter and sat on it, then later on rachel came in—she's a loyal customer of mine who comes here just to buy snacks most of the time.

"rachel don't fucking mess up the item's arrangement or i'm gonna whoop your ass out of here!" i chided as she strutted towards the aisle and yelled, "aye aye! i'll try my best not to!" she giggled. and all i could do was shook my head, then she came up with a handful of snacks, "here" rachel dumped the items on the counter.

then i started to process her purchase and put the money inside the cash register. "thanks liv, goodnight!" she waved before heading out, rachel is a nice one—we're not really close in a sense we're friends or that type of intimacy, i can say we're somehow acquainted.