Chapter 1

First Time Reader (FTR) or Re-Reader (RR)

"I'm gonna get you!" Chase barks, while running after Ryder.
"I don't think....Ryder doesn't get to finish what he was gonna say when Chase jumps on him.
Ryder and Chase are playing in the backyard of the Lookout. The other pups were off doing other activities.
Zuma was surfboarding with Skye at the bay.
Marshall, Rocky, and Rubble were at Jake's Mountain, snowboarding with Everest and Jake.

Ryder lands on the grass, with Chase on top of him. "I told you I was 'gonna get you'. I'm the fastest pup in the world!" Chase says.
Ryder giggles, gazing at Chase with immense love.
Chase is his most beloved pup, but of course he does love his other pups. Chase licks Ryder on the cheek and Ryder embraces his arms around Chase.

He squeezes the pup in a tight hug. "I love you, Chase" Ryder says. "I love you too, Ryder. We will always be together for the rest of our lives, right?"Chase says. Ryder knew he couldn't guarantee that because he obviously doesn't know what the future has for him and Chase.
"Hopefully" Ryder answers.
After they break the hug, Ryder says, "Chase, wanna get something to eat?" Chase's stomach grumbles.
"My stomach just said yes" says Chase.
"Then let's go" Ryder starts walking with Chase to Mr. Porter's Cafe.

▫️◽️◻️⬛️◻️◽️▫️

Chase and Ryder arrive at Mr. Porter's Cafe. "Hi Mr. Porter, how's everything going?" Ryder greets, as the two enter the cafe. "Hello Ryder and Chase. Everything is going great. Can I help you guys?" Mr. Porter asks with a smile.
"Chase, what do you want?" Ryder asks his pup.
"Chilly with liver sausage" Chase licks his lips hungrily.
"I want spaghetti and meatballs" Ryder orders.
Mr. Porter writes down Ryder and Chase's orders and then gets to cooking.

Ryder and Chase take a table outside of the cafe, under an umbrella. "We haven't gotten any calls today, which is great" Chase says.
"As much as I love rescuing, a break feels really good. I'm sure the other pups are enjoying themselves also" says Ryder.

"Remember that time when I came to the mission room and Skye was playing Pup Pup Boogie, and you were dancing a little" Chase says, with a giggle following. "What are you trying to say?" Ryder asks.
"You're a weird dancer" Chase starts cracking up.
"Chase!" Ryder says, with a playful frown.
But he couldn't help but start laughing also. Chase was cracking up so hard, his chair falls back.
Ryder's eyes widen and he looks under the table to see Chase.

"That's what you get for calling me a 'weird dancer'. Maybe you should think twice the next time you decide to say that" Ryder says in a playful voice.
Chase gets up and lifts his chair, then hops back on it.
"I'm sorry Ryder. I just had to say that. But you're not a weird dancer. Hey, maybe the next time you can lead our PAW Patrol band in the next song we sing" Chase says.

"Oh no! Not me!" Ryder immediately says. "Why? You actually sing pretty good. Remember on Friendship Day, you sang the friendship song" Chase says. "Yeah, but.... "but what?" Chase questions.
"I don't know. I think Rubble is best singer out of us" says Ryder.
"But you're still good. So the next time we sing a song, you're gonna lead" Chase says.
"I'll see about that" Ryder unsurely says. Mr. Porter then walks up to the two with a serving tray.

He places a plate infront of Ryder and a bowl infront of Chase. "Thanks Mr. Porter" Chase thanks.
"Your welcome. Enjoy" Mr. Porter then walks away.
Ryder starts eating his spaghetti and meatballs with a fork and Chase eats his chilly with liver sausage.
Chase sighs when satisfaction.
"This is so good" he says.
"And this is so good" Ryder then says.