Chapter 16

As Ryder lays in bed with all his senses on full alert for the slightest sound, he listens to Chase's peaceful snores as he sleeps soundly. Ryder can also hear his heart pounding out of his chest as he feels uneasy and not so relaxed to sleep.
Ryder turns the upper part of his body to make sure his pistol is right near him.
He sees it on the small table besides the bed.

Meanwhile, Boss James, Luke, Blake, and Robert are driving around the hotel building. "Do you think that boy rented a hotel room in that hotel building?" Blake says. "This is very confusing. How did the car just get destroyed like that?" Robert says.
"And where is the boy? If the car exploded with him inside, he would've been killed or injured really badly. Where did he go?" Luke says.

"We're not gonna stop looking for him until we find him. Now let's ask the people of the hotel if he is renting a room in that hotel building" Boss James says. The men pull over in their cars infront of the building and get out.
They walk into the hotel building and find the man at the desk. They walk up to him.
"Hi, how can I help you guys?" the man asks. "Did a boy with spiky hair and a beaten up pup come to this hotel?" Boss James asks.

"Why do you want to know?" the man asks. "It's none of your business. Tell me or...Boss James takes out his pistol. The man starts trembling at the sight of the pistol.
"H-his r-room i-is o-on t-the s-seventh f-floor" the man stutters with extreme fear.
"What number?" Boss James asks. "59" the man says. Boss James glares at the man and then heads to the elevator with his men.

The man picks up his phone and starts calling the cops on the criminals.

The men get out of the elevator and walk into the dark corridor. "Get your flashlight because this trashy hotel doesn't have lights" Boss James whispers to Luke. Luke takes out his flashlight from his pocket and turns it on.
The men stealthily and quietly search the long corridor of doors for room 59.

In bed, Ryder's body starts getting more tense and thoughts that the pup-nappers are coming start eating at his mind. He then hears some faint noise, as if someone is picking at the front door.
Ryder gets up from bed slowly.
"Chase" he whispers, trying to get his pup up. But Chase is sleeping deeply. Ryder takes in a deep breath, trying to calm himself down.

"Chase, get up" Ryder says, as he hears the door is about to open. "What?" Chase sleepily says. "The pup-nappers are here. I need you to work with me" Ryder says. "WHAT?" Chase screams.
Ryder immediately puts his hand on Chase's mouth. "Shhh" he says.
Ryder listens to the door being picked at for a moment. "What are we gonna do?" Chase whispers. "Stay calm. I have a plan" Ryder gets out of bed fast yet quietly.

He slips on his black leather jacket and puts his pistol in his pocket. "There's no fire-escape in this hotel which would be great if there was one" Ryder says in a low voice. He hears the door open and footsteps walk inside.
"Chase, hide under the bed" Ryder whispers.
"What about you?" Chase asks. "Don't worry about me" Ryder says. "Get under the bed. They're coming now." Chase scrambles under the bed immediately and Ryder opens the window.

He doesn't want the men to see him and then another pursuit starts. He gets out on the edge of the window, keeping his back straight against the building wall. Ryder tries not to look down.
When he hears the bedroom door open, he gets prepared to shoot the men.
This is Ryder's whole plan. When the men come in the bedroom, he is gonna kill each of them by shooting them through the window, immediately.

But the mens next act goes against Ryder's plan.
He doesn't get enough time to start shooting, when they turn on the light and look under the bed. "There he is! Our million of dollars!" Boss James says.
"Ryder!" Chase yells.
In Ryder's panic when he tries to get back in, he accidentally slips and almost falls off of the edge. But fortunately, he grabs the edge and is left hanging.

The men lift the bed to get Chase but Chase breaks into a full sprint. "After HIM!" Boss James yells.
Ryder hears the commotion and he tries to lift himself up.
He manages to get back on the ledge and into the hotel room through the window.
He starts running for the front door. Meanwhile, Chase had got in the elevator before the men and was now taking it down to the bottom.

"That pup!" Boss James growls. As they wait for the elevator to come back up, Ryder sneaks behind them and starts shooting.

In Adventure Bay, Marshall was on a cliff that overlooked an evergreen forest. "I need to find something else to do with my life. Everyone is sick of my clumsiness! Yeah it was funny in the beginning, but now it's getting annoying" Marshall says. "I'm tired of being this clumsy mutt that I am. I want to be someone different. Someone like Chase. Chase is a perfect pup and I'm just a trashy pup."

"You're not a trashy pup" a feminine voice says. Marshall freezes and looks around. "W-who j-just said that?" Marshall trembles in fear. Then from the bushes, Everest emerges.
"Everest?" Marshall gasps. "H-how did...w-what are you...I mean, were you here all day?"
"The pups told me that you were missing so I went out searching for you" Everest says.
"All the way into the middle of the night? Why would you do that?" Marshall asks.

"Because I was worried about you and I couldn't sleep. So I snuck off to find you" Everest says.
"Why were you so worried about me?" Marshall asks. "Because your my friend and I heard what those bad pups said to you. Marshall, you're not a trashy pup" Everest says, sitting down besides the Dalmatian.

"Yes I am" Marshall says, in a sad voice and looks to his big white paws. "No you're not. Marshall, your an amazing pup" Everest says. "What I see is a brave Dalmatian who tries his hardest to do his best on missions. Think about everything you've done Marshall. Despite being the clumsy and silly pup you are, you've have done some of the most bravest acts. Fighting flames of fire, leading the team on ultimate fire missions, risking everything to save your friends, and so much more. Your not a trashy pup Marshall."

After hearing everything Everest said, Marshall's spirit is lifted. "Thank you, Everest" Marshall says. "I'm always here for you" Everest says.
They sit closer to each other and lean their heads together, gazing at the full moon that luminously glows in the sky.

One man falls dead to the floor. The others turns around quickly and start firing back. The elevator comes up and the doors open to reveal a group of cops. "Great! Another pursuit is about to take place!" Ryder says. Ryder starts running for the stairs, since the elevator is blocked by the pup-nappers and cops who are fighting.

He runs down the stairs as fast as possible.

Meanwhile, Chase made it out of the hotel building. "Where's Ryder?" Chase says, who had been waiting for Ryder for at least five minutes now.
Two minutes later, Chase sees Ryder appear at the bottom of the stairs.
"Ryder!" Chase barks and runs over to him. "Come on Chase. We have to go now" Ryder says.
Ryder and Chase start running from the hotel and outside. "What's the plan?" Chase asks.
"The plan is we have to get away now. We have an opportunity to lose these guys since they're busy with the cops" Ryder says.

Ryder sees a grey car and runs over to it. "I have something to do before we leave Paris" Ryder says. He opens the car and gets in, along with Chase. "What is it that you have to do?" Chase asks.
"I don't want this pup-napping thing to keep going on and people keep losing their beloved dogs. Hundreds of dogs are being pup-napped and then killed. I'm gonna put an end to this" Ryder says. "I totally agree with you because I don't any dog after me to feel the torture I was put through. But how are you gonna put this to an end?" Chase asks.
"You'll see" Ryder says.