Chapter 3

While waiting for Rubble to arrive, Ryder stood staring at Chase's police uniform. The torn hole and the blood on it made Ryder feel sick to the stomach. "This is all my fault. Now I realize why my body was feeling so nervous and stress. My instincts were telling me to go check on Chase. I should've followed what my instincts were telling me" Ryder says in a low and shaky voice.
So many thoughts were running through his mind and so many feelings were all at once spinning in his heart.
Though it was chilly outside, Ryder felt like he was baking in a oven. His hands were shaking and drips of sweat was running down his forehead.
"What's going on with me?" Ryder asks himself.

Just then the rumbling sounds of Rubble's dozer grabs the attention of Ryder. "I'm here Ryder. What should....hold on, where's Chase?" Rubble asks, noticing the police vehicle empty and Chase's police uniform in Ryder's hands.
"I don't know. But I need you to use your hook to tow his vehicle back to the Lookout" Ryder explains.
"Rubble on the double!" Rubble barks. He lowers his hook and hooks it to the vehicle, then starts towing it back to the Lookout.

Ryder gathers Chase's attire and the spike trap on the road. He loads it on his ATV and then drives after Rubble.

Ryder and Rubble make it back to the Lookout. The other pups are outside infront of the Lookout. They had been waiting for Ryder and Rubble to return. "Where's Chase?" Skye asks.
"Dude, who flattened all of the Chase's tires?" Zuma spots the flattened tires. "Pups, let's go the mission room" Ryder says.

The pups howl and start running to the elevator. Ryder takes Chase's police uniform and the spike trap with him to the elevator. The elevator goes up and everyone gets out of the elevator. Ryder stands near the big screen as usual and the pups line up infront of him.
"Chase has gone missing" Ryder begins.
"From the evidence I found, he has been pup-napped by someone evil. We are all going to Mayor Humdinger's right now because he could be the one who pup-napped Chase."

"Alright, PAW Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder doesn't say his catchphrase with some enthusiasm.
He runs to his pole and then goes down.
The pups howl and bark, as they go down the slide one after another.
Their vehicles start transforming and the pups leap into them one by one. They then drive off, along with Ryder who takes the lead to Foggy Bottom.

▫️◽️◻️⬛️◻️◽️▫️

Meanwhile, in the airport of Adventure Bay, four men are rushing their way into the airplane. One man is holding a cage, which contains a German Shepherd. Chase is dead asleep from the anesthesia they put in him.
He also has deep cut wounds on his right flank, from when the men pup-napped him. When he tried to fight back, they tore his police uniform with a knife and also wounded the pup on his flank.

A cop stops the men. "What's in that cage?" he asks. "It's our pet dog" the man who's carrying the cage answers. "Can I see him?" the cop asks. The man hands the cop the cage and the cop looks in. "Why does he look like that?" asks the cop.
"He got injured really badly. We're heading to France to give him the best treatment we can find" the man explains. "Because his rib-cage is also injured."

"He can be with you guys. You don't have to put him in the pet area where all pets are kept" the cops says. "Thank you sir" says the man.
The plane gets ready for take off. With everyone seated, the door closes and the pilot starts the engine.
With the moon behind the plane, the airplane looks like a silhouette as it takes off into the night sky.

▫️◽️◻️⬛️◻️◽️▫️

In the middle of the night, when everyone is tucked into their cozy beds, Ryder and his pups are out in the cold driving to Foggy Bottom.
Soon they pull over at the foggy town and get off of their vehicles. Ryder and his pups head to Mayor Humdinger's lair.
"Mayor Humdinger?" Ryder calls. But the lair is closed. "Maybe he's sleeping. It's really late right now" Marshall says. Ryder pulls out his pup-pad to call the mayor. The mayor takes a while to answer, but when he does, he's sleepy and yawning.