Chapter 6

"Ryder, calm down" Rocky says. "I can't! I can't stay without Chase any longer!" Ryder says. "Ryder, Chase is gone. What else do you wanna do about it? We searched Adventure Bay fully. There is nothing else we can do" Skye says.
"The pup-nappers probably alweady killed him!" says Zuma. "Look Ryder, we all miss Chase and we all love him" Marshall begins. "But we are not gonna let this event keep us from moving on with our life. Chase was like a brother to me and don't get me wrong, it has been very hard without him. But everything I do, I do it for Chase.
Chase wouldn't want you or any of us to be misery for rest of our lives just because he's gone."

"Marshall is right" says Skye. "I miss Chase also. He and I were very close and he was my best friend. It's really hard continuing life without him. We're all going through things internally."
"But Ryder, you can't let this take you down to the point where you barely even eat. You need to start doing things with your life even if you don't want to. That's the only way you're gonna be able to move on" Rocky says.

Ryder just leans back in the beanbag, trying to calm down by taking in deep breaths. Then he starts in a shaky voice. "Chase...was more than just a pup to me" he says in a low and trembling tone.
"No one on this earth will ever understand the love between me and him. It was literally the strongest bond this planet has ever seen."

"Ryder" Skye gets on Ryder's lap and tries to comfort him. Ryder strokes her on the head. "I don't know what's gonna happen to me" he whispers. The pups look at each other with sad faces.
They all don't know what to do or what to say.

They all knew their owner was in a serious situation. They all knew he was gonna end up killing himself from how depressed he was.
"Ryder, I think if you go for a walk on Big View Trail, you'll feel a lot better" Rocky suggests. "I don't know" Ryder says.
"That's a great idea. Come on Ryder!" Skye says. "Ryder, change into something more lighter and we're gonna wait for you outside. A walk will definitely make you feel a lot better" Marshall says.

"You better be down in five minutes" Skye says. The pups go in the elevator and take it down to the bottom. Ryder lifts his body up from the beanbag. "A walk isn't gonna make me feel better" he says.
He changes into a green t-shirt and black shorts, then takes the elevator down.
Ryder meets his pups infront of the Lookout.

"Good, now let's go" Skye says.

▫️◽️◻️⬛️◻️◽️▫️

Ryder and his pups are strolling on Big View Trail. "Wyder, how are you enjoying the walk?" Zuma asks. Ryder doesn't answer. His body is on Big View Trail but his mind is elsewhere. "Ryder?" Skye says.
"Oh, I'm sorry. What did you say?" Ryder asks in a confuse manner.
"Are you still thinking about Chase?" Rocky asks. "OF COURSE I AM! You pups think I'm gonna get over this over NIGHT!" Ryder yells. The pups wince.

"Ryder, we're only trying to help you move on with your life. It's been days and you're still in the same mode" Skye says. "You spend your day in the mission room, you don't communicate with anyone, you barely sleep in the night, you hardly eat anything, you keep having panic attacks from stress and depression, YOU'RE GONNA KILL YOURSElF!"

Skye stands there, staring at Ryder and breathing heavily. Ryder stares at her, trying to look for words. "So what if I DIE? I don't have a purpose in life anymore! I'm not me anymore!" Ryder yells.
"Yes you do have a purpose!" Skye raises her tone. "You're still the leader of the PAW Patrol and you still have us! We need you Ryder! Without you, the PAW Patrol is gonna crumble down! And it's already crumbling down!"

"We lost Chase! Now we're losing you! Marshall is starting to give up on leading! Do you want to see all of your hard work crumble down into pieces? Chase wouldn't want you to be doing this!"