Chapter 6

───✱*

───✱*.。✰*.:。✧*✱ ───

15 years ago in the city of Kamagasaki (not in Japan)...

It was a normal day for Giyuu, with chaos everywhere.

Screech! His tires screeched as he poked his head out and started shooting at his enemies. Turning corners recklessly, he nearly tipped the car over and drove over a few pedestrians who were recording the chase.

His eyes landed on a small sloping cart that had turned towards the bridge. Taking a rough left, he ran over the cart, sending his car airborne.

Boom! Their enemy's car fell under the bridge, but Giyuu's car landed safely. He didn't slow down, speeding through a local area.

"Hey, slow it down, Gichii!" Makomo smacked his head. "This guy is gonna kill us one day," Sabito said.

While speeding through the local area, Giyuu accidentally hit a person. He immediately stopped the car. "Hey, what are you doin-" Sabito began, but Giyuu ignored him and opened the door.

There, he saw a small woman with beautiful raven hair ending with lilac, lying on the ground surrounded by papers. He rushed to help her, offering her a hand. She didn't seem to respond, but she kept staring at his blue irises.

Giyuu helped her up and walked her over to a bench, asking if she was okay. "Are you hurt badly?" Giyuu inquired. "No, I'm fine, don't worry," she smiled. Giyuu questioned her multiple times, but she insisted she was okay. After wasting everyone's time with his repeated questions, Giyuu left her.

As he turned around, he saw their enemies still following them. Quickly getting back into the car, he sped off. The woman watched as he left, getting chased by three black cars.

"Miss Koccho, we tried our best, but we weren't able to stop Gichii from taking the gold container," a man reported to Kanae. "Ara, are Tsutako's men getting stronger or are ours getting weaker?" Kanae smiled. "Once upon a time, we used to steal things together," she chuckled. "She is only in that position because of that 'Gichii' boy. We surely need to do something."

"Sabito, did you see the list for tomorrow's meeting?" Giyuu asked. "Yes, I did," he answered. While walking in the market, Giyuu saw the same woman he had hit yesterday. "You need to wrap this, okay?" the woman explained to her customer while struggling with her crutches. "You can go; I will come back later," Sabito left.

"Uhm, hello," Giyuu approached the woman. "Eh?" he removed his goggles. "Oh, yeah, that guy who hurt you. I'm really sorry," he apologized. "Oh no, no, it's okay. It will be fine in 2 or 3 days," she smiled, though Giyuu could sense her anger.

'She probably thinks apologizing won't make her leg better,' he sweatdropped.

'This guy really thinks a sorry can make my leg better!?' she thought.

She was about to leave, but Giyuu grabbed her bag. "Let me drop you off in my car," he said, taking her bag. "Oh no, it's fine. I'll take a train," she exclaimed. "Please? Let me at least drop you off at the station," he insisted. "Eh, hmm, okay," she agreed.

She grunted while walking, and Giyuu looked at her with guilt. "Who were the people chasing you?" she asked. "The sky is beautiful today, isn't it? You live here?" Giyuu changed the topic. "Actually, my hobby is sleeping," Giyuu looked at her in confusion.

"What?" he asked. "You are giving me a different answer for my question, so I'm giving you a different answer for your question!" she pouted. "Okay, okay, I get it," he chuckled. "So, who were they?" the woman asked. "Uh, they are gangsters," he answered. "Gangsters?" she questioned. "Mhm, actually, they're our rivals," he replied.

"What do you mean?" she asked. "Have you heard the name Tsutako Tomioka?" Shinobu stopped. "That great lady who is a leader of a big group?" she said in disbelief. "Yes, I'm her brother," he said.

Shinobu gave a scared smile. "Are you scared?" he asked. "Me? Scared? Hah! In your dreams. I didn't even do anything to Tsutako-san to hurt me!" she said, backing up. "Then why are you backing up? The station is ahead," he chuckled.

"What is your name?" he asked. "Shinobu... Shinobu Kocho," Giyuu could only hear 'Shinobu' as her voice became inaudible because of an ambulance. "Nice name," he complimented. "What about you?" she asked. "Gichii," he answered. "Pft-" she stopped her laugh. "What was that about?" he said.

"I mean, Gichii sounds like a 10-year-old," she laughed. "Oh, come on, it doesn't," he defended. "No offense, though," she chuckled.

They both arrived at the station. "When did you come here? To Kamagasaki?" he asked. "After our parents' death, my sister and I moved here," she explained. "I see," he said.

She grunted while walking. "I'm so sorry. Is there any way I can make it up to you?" he asked. "Hmm, you can pay for my hospital bills!" she smiled. "Sorry, what?" he said. "Have you seen my medical bill? You can pay for it," she answered. "Okay, no problem," he removed something from his pocket.

"Ah, why are you removing your gun? I just asked for money!" she said. "Uh," he had actually removed his phone. "Can I get your number?" he asked. "Why?" she questioned. "So I can, uh, call you, and then you, uh," she entered the train. "82768292," she laughed. (I typed in any numbers)

She smiled through the train's window.

 ───✱*.。✰*.:。✧*✱ ───