Stupidity, Filtered (26-02-2022)

You ever miss those days when there was no reason to do something? No reason not to do something? Those days of absolute stupid shit? There was this time, when me and a friend decided to pull this absolute jackass move. It was almost night on a too hot summer day. The sky was that dark purple but not quite black that you sometimes see. One end of the sky was still streaked with orange like an angry fruit had exploded.

I don't even remember why we did it. One of us had a reason, I'm certain. And it was a bullshit reason. We both knew it. But we went along with it all, because we were stupid kids. We saw this big chunk of glass, or plastic, or some other clear material. It had been tinted a cyan blue color, and we decided to steal it out of this person's yard. Neither of us knew the person, and neither of us cared. We just wanted to grab it and run.

We managed to grab it. But the damn thing was at least 20 pounds of weight. And being the kids we were, neither of us was very strong, but I was a stubborn ass of a kid. Still am today. But I decided that this was a challenge to me, personally. This rock or whatever it was, was challenging me. So I hauled it a quarter of a mile to my friend's house, with the last third of the trip being uphill.

But I was not going to let some stupid glass rock beat me. No, I said "Fuck you. I'm taking you with me to that house, and I don't care how badly I hurt myself." So I did. I couldn't feel my hands for an hour, and you can still see the scars on my palms. I don't regret a single damn thing about that evening.

And there's no moral, no lesson, no anything to learn from this. I'm just reflecting on the stuff I've done in my life. The stupid shit, the funny shit, and the bad shit. And I know I'm cursing a hell of a lot more than usual. But I'm not going to remember writing any of this shit tomorrow morning. Tomorrow, I'm going to be doing stupid shit again, and then spend the night thinking about that bad and the sad shit from the past two years or so.

And I can't say that I'm going to stop doing stupid shit. Because it's sometimes the only thing worth doing. Being able to say, that you did something just because you could is a privilege. And I like to use it when I can. I recommend to anyone reading this, find something with no point, and do it. Even if it's illegal. As long as no one is really hurt from it, do something. Piss in a bag and throw it at a building, car surf, drive on the wrong side of the road when no one is around. Just do something stupid. See if you can get someone you haven't talked to in a long time to do it with you. It's worth it.