Childhood Memories and Discussion of Thoughts.

My first childhood love -and I mean love- in terms of books, was The Hobbit (or There and Back Again) by J.R.R Tolkien. My dad recommend the book to me when I was in fourth grade, and that weekend we went to a book store and bought it. It took me three or four months to read, but when I finished it, man did I love it. It was the perfect story for me then, and got me writing a few (really bad) stories of my own. I loved the book, and from then on I was infatuated with Epic Fantasy. Some of the best stories in the world (in my opinion) are Epic Fantasy. The next best are Alternate History Fantasys, and after that Legendary Fantasys, stuff like The Odyssey (and yes, I know it's technically an Epic Poem, but in my own categorical system, I call it Legendary Fantasy), Egyptian legends of their gods, and how their mythos moved along as they lived, and they never quite lost touch with it. But I digress. The Hobbit was the pinnacle of storytelling done right to me back then, and now that I have other examples of great stories that I have read, my opinion of it has only been slightly damaged. I recently had to read The Hobbit again for high school (I'm a sophomore this year) and reconnected with it, and drew new conclusions about parts of it, and rediscovered some things that I meant to look up back then. So many great and wonderful things about that book, and it helped re-inspire me for my own books. I right now am growing my own universe, and I plan to continue it on through my life. The beginning of The Hero's journey is published now on Wattpad. It's The Swordsman's Wish by me, and I'm also writing an unpublished book at the same time. Originally called The Mythos of Flontryn I decided against that and re-titled it. I have yet to publish it (any of it), but it will contain all of the history of this planet of my Universe. I still have yet to come up with a fitting name for the universe, but I have the planet. This planet will contain multiple stories that will crossover each other, but you will not have to have read the other books in order to understand all of them. The Swordsman's Wish is about a character I have dubbed The Hero. I will eventually make The Mage, The Assassin, The Warrior, The Healer, The Scholar, and The Traveler (more on him later). The titles for each of these characters should be fairly obvious as to what their role is. However, what their personalities are is where I differ from the formula (or so I like to think). The Hero is my test run, and also where I actually do stick to the formula. He the ultimate incarnation of good. However people like The Traveler, are special. He has a set of unique traits inspired by the character Hoid by Brandon Sanderson. He has a special story and I like him the way I have him. The final thing I want to address is this. I do not want the humans to be the ultimate race. Series like The Witcher, The Lord of the Rings, The Inheritance Cycle, and more, all portray humans as the ultimate race. They can adapt to anything, they can beat anything they want with enough numbers, and more. My thought is, 'Why can't other races do the same thing?' Elves from The Inheritance Cycle are superior in quite literally every way, except for their social withdrawl. What if they were just as outgoing? Then they would likely be the rulers of all of Alagaesia. In The Witcher, if the non-human races were simply willing to bind together, they could beat the racism that follows them everywhere. I'm not saying it would be easy, far from it. It would be the most difficult thing anyond in the world had ever attempted. But if they could pull it off, then entire peoples would be freed. That's all I have for now. May the stars be upon your brow praen of the world.