Wa(L)king Eyes (20/3/22)

Once upon a time, I was sitting by a pond, in the middle of a field. And there, in the middle of the field was a being. I know not what it was, only that it didn't care about anything around it, myself included.

I was watching it, when I suddenly realized, it felt as though my eyes walked off without me. I could still feel my body, and see through my eyes, but while I could control the first, I could not control the second. My eyes were on their own journey, and I was merely watching through them.

My eyes showed me how to look beyond the physical, and see the spiritual auras of things. They showed me how to see into the minds of others. They showed me how to see the impossible objects in the world that are around us always. They showed me distances that I had never dreamed of, and places I never fathomed.

My eyes kept showing me more and more. How to see the past exactly, how to predict the future perfectly, how to watch the hidden stars that no one else ever talks about. The stars that appear only to those who are in pain. I watched as the field of stars overlapped with the real world, spinning far faster than could be accounted for by the earth.

And then I watched as it all faded, the past, the future, the impossible objects, the auras, the places and distances, and the minds of others. I began to panic. "Don't go!" I cried out, hoping to stall it all, for I knew what was coming. But it mattered not. One by one, it all faded away, until I could only see the Hidden Stars and the Physical world.

Then the Physical world began to fade as well. For one who had seen all that I had, could not be allowed to see it all without a price. The physical world faded until I could only see outlines of things, of people. But it didn't go away completely. But the Hidden Stars remained.

My eyes came back to me, no longer walking, nothing more to show me. I was in control of them again, but I had gained and lost so much. The spinning field of Hidden Stars is still around me, even as I see the outlines of things in the Physical world. For the Hidden Stars know my pain, so they remain visible to me.