People (02/12/20)

You ever think about how people exist together? It's an idea that sits in my head constantly. The idea of people together doesn't really work. Sort of. My head is a little bit out of my body right now, so this is going to be a short little thought area/chapter.

I am a very musically inclined person (if you couldn't tell). I find music in everything, from the way the tires on a road sound with the wind, to the creaking of the walls and floors as you walk. So people to me, seem like a bunch of messed up, broken melodies and harmonies that shouldn't fit together. But there is a song that has helped me figure out people, and how I should view people. Everyone is their own melody and harmony, but not completed. It's like hearing every other note of a song. It can be good, but it's not quite right. You can hear your own music, and those of others if you know how to listen for it. So when you meet a partner, and enter into a romantic relationship, it's like trying to fit your songs together. And if your songs are right for each other, that broken mess of music becomes a song like no other. You take on some of the other person's habits, and they take on some of yours. You both learn how to reproduce the song of the other person, at the same time as your own. And if you're in a throuple or another non-traditional relationship, you do the same thing, just with both other people, or however many people are in the relationship.

The point, is that the people stop being just themselves. They begin to be themselves, with a shadow of their partner or partners. And the song I found helped me figure out a term that I quite enjoy for people in relationships, and listening to them. Because if you're not in a relationship with the person you're talking to, their song probably doesn't sound quite right. So I've chosen to call other people's songs "Discordant Harmonies" because it's an oxymoron. It shows the duality and conflicting nature of people. It shows how, even though they are all the wrong sounds together, that sound perfect, and like they shouldn't be changed. Because if you did change the sounds, it wouldn't be the person you want to speak with.

So go out there, anyone who is reading this. Go out there and listen to other people's songs. Listen to your own song, and try and figure out how you fit with others. I'm already a broken man, I can't fit my song with anyone anymore. But you can. So be amazing and be a jumbled mess of wrongness, that sounds perfect.