Chapter 1: Alarm Clock

Caution ❗: mentions of abuse,
trauma, violence; please read further if you're comfortable!

Namjoon's Pov

'Pathetic, that's what you actually are!'
He yelled, his constant yelling isn't the only thing I've felt now.

A slap, he slapped me. I didn't even realize he also threw a vase at me until I saw blood in my hands accompanying with hundreds of tears..

Tears of hurt, pain...regret

Oh how much I hate myself for falling over him again..
_____________________

"Wake up, old man! It's holiday, you've gotta wake up!" Someone screams near my ears, almost making me go deaf.

I open my one eye, peeking at the evil who's been yelling at me.

"Now, I know you're already awake, old man. Move your body" the person yells again.

I groan trying to wake up where I realize a heavy weight in me. I removed it from me.

"Yeji.. it's fucking 9 in the morning! Why did you wake me up?" I yell and she grasps at my words
"Omg..papa don't curse. Besides it's holiday, means you gotta spend the day with me!" She whined

"Of course, I will honey. Don't get any wrong ideas. Just lemme sleep for another hour " I reminded her. She squints her dragon eyes

"Not happening, Appa!" Saying so, she started tickling me.

"Oh my g-od, Yeji. Sto-stop!" I rolled of the other side of the bed, saving myself from the particular little devil.

...and I fell off the bed, groaning. Suddenly smiling when hundreds of laughter filled the room, again the atmosphere became healthy. I've already forgotten about the nightmare I had just minutes ago.

______________________

I took Yeji in my arms, going to the bathroom to brush our teeth. Well it's Sunday, meaning it's the day for me to spend time with her. It's our daily routine. I like to keep a day out of my busy schedule for her and her only.

What's the point of running an entire business tycoon for her if I can't even spend time for my daughter?

Yes, that's right. CEO of a well known company and what's his only reason to live? His one and only daughter, Yeji. Too much cliché, isn't it?

I placed Yeji in the bathroom counter and bent over in her height.

"Okay ma lady, have you brushed your teeth?" She shook her head. I grabbed the toothbrush and toothpaste for her, applying little amount of toothpaste on the brush, giving it to her.

"Appa, this is not the toothpaste I use" I blink at her words.

"You have a different toothpaste?" She nods.

"Mine's mint flavored and this one is disgusting strawberry flavored" She made a gagging noise.

"But you love strawberry flavored things..and there's also mint flavoured toothpaste out there? Apparently you like it?" I made a look of disapproval

"I do like strawberries, but just not the toothpaste. And don't judge mint toothpaste, it's good!" I shake my head at that she frowns.

"Whatever, you use this one now and soon I'll buy you that mint one, okay?" She nods, I smile ruffling her hair.
She touches the dimples poking out of my cheek.

"Your hair colour is showing" hearing her words I took a glance at myself in the mirror, sure enough the purple dye was starting to vanish from the roots.