Chapter 4: Colourful Date

Namjoon's Pov

And it was Sunday again...

I didn't even realize how soon the week passed. It's always the things that you worry about comes faster than you can ever expect.

Right now, for me it's the similar situation. It's not like, I'm 100% against the idea of this particular blind date. But still, my anxiety is something I can't control.

Not only I have high fear of this date, I also kinda fear the rejection. It always have been my worst fear, you can say. What if that guy- Jimin as I've heard don't like me? What if he thinks I'm an arrogant asshole?

Or what if he thinks I'll take advantage of him? What if I'm not enough for him? Oh god..
So many what ifs in my life. I better keep myself under control but then again that's what I've been doing these years.

Live your life, man [I did that^^]

Well it's always easy saying it, rather doing it. Living your life carefree is hard for a person like me. I have way to many suspicions of the entire world to let myself free.

A try doesn't hurt nobody

That, again is true. Hence, I'll give it a try.
________________________

So here I am, in my room staring at the horrifying email my mom sent me.
I made a weird sound of gagging that if someone was around, they'll laugh at my expressions.

No because seriously, what the hell

"Eomma, I've received the mail you've sent me. Congratulations you have won the Oscar for being the jobless mom ever" I made a sarcastic remark, chuckling to the phone.

"It's not that bad, is it?" She nervously said. I could feel her scratching her neck and smiling sheepishly even if I can't see her through the phone

"Seriously, Mom? A list of things that I should and shouldn't do? How old am I ? 10?" I sighed, ticking my tongue

"I know I may have did it a little over the top but Joon-ah, it's been time since you got into a relation-

"Jesus! I do know that it's been TIME since I got into a relationship! You guys daily don't need to remind me that"

I could cry in frustration as this point. I think the only shit I've heard people saying to me is that. And I can't even describe in words how much I hate that reminder.

"I'm sorry, honey. I-..this is a bit frustrating for me too since you know, I'm the one that is forcing you to do this. Of course, I want this to go success. It's important to me, honey. You're my only child, Namjoon-ah"

"I do know that, Eomma. It's just that you guys keep reminding me about this even though you know it's not something I feel comfortable with. And trust me, you did not forced me into this. I mean you did- but-

I hear Eomma chuckling, I smiled too. It's probably because of my rambling.

"Well good to know that, you don't need a push every now and then because I think that's something I couldn't handle" Now it was my time to chuckle.

"Again, I'm not a 10 y/o. I do have idea about these things. I haven't been in the ground doesn't mean I forgot to play"

[Now that sounds real cocky.. I'll pretend it's not there]

"I'll pretend I'm not your mom and let that slide that you just said the most cocky thing I've ever heard. But seriously, Joon-ah follow at least some of the things of the list, alright?"

"I-... we'll see" I mumble.

"No, I want surety. I can't just let this slide, Joon. Follow the instructions, will you, honey?" I slowly nod, then realising she can't see me.
"I'll see...wait-"