Chapter 14: Camellias and Promises

Namjoon's Pov

"Hi Appa!" Yeji smiled through the other side of the camera as we were video calling eachother.

"Hello, Sweetie. Did you reach Yoongi's house well? How was school?" Hearing the mention of school, Yeji seemed a little distracted. Something had clearly happened there I thought.

"School was nice! When are you coming back?" She smiled again but this time, the dimples didn't appear.
Something did happen in her school. I'll have to ask Yoongi about it.

"I'm coming back in dinner, honey. I'll bring someone today, okay? I want you two to meet "

There, I've finally said it. It was easy saying it, why did I drag this for months.

"Who's he? Is he a friend?" She asked instantly with eyes wide and small smile. Curious Kitten.

"How do you know it's a He though. It could be a She!" I teased
"That...I don't know" Yeji pouted

"Should I bring something over for you? Anything at all?" I asked instead

"Yes! My mint flavoured toothpaste!" Her eyes glittered as she mentioned her favourite toothpaste..eh

"And I'll think about it" I mumbled looking away.

"Papa! You promised!" She squinted her eyes at me.

"Yah Yuri! Give me my phone and stop yelling at your father" Yoongi appeared, shaking his head her

"But Yoongi he won't give me my toothpaste! And who's Yuri?" Yeji whispered

"My grandma" Yoongi replied and I could hear giggles filling the scene

"Namjoon-ah, feels like it's been weeks since I saw you. How is everything going?"
"Work stress, hyung. Life's so hard!" I frustratedly yelled.

I always felt really comfortable sharing my frustration with Yoongi hyung, he was the best at understanding these things. He always knew what to say, in what situations. I'm always grateful for having him in my life.
[The author is too :(]

"It'll be alright. You're great at this and you've handled these all before. What's to-"

"Hyung, I love you but stop with the philosophies. Yeji gets on everything you and Jin hyung do" I explained frowning.

"Well obviously. She stays with us most of the time. Oh! By stay, I forgot to ask when are you bringing your fiancée?" Yoongi grinned mischievously.

"Ah, the dinner thingy? Yeah, I'm coming. Heard Jin hyung already bought all of the groceries so I can't say no" I made a zipping motion with my mouth.

"That guy acts like the groceries would go to waste if we don't have the dinner" Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Yoongi Poongi! Where's the cake you talked about that time? I'm hungry! Feed me, feed me!"

"Looks like you have to go, hyung. Feed her something but not too sweet okay?"

"Fine, fine. I'll see what I can do, she likes sweets too much. Such a grandma"
"Don't talk about my daughter like that!" I playfully defended

"I would and you know that! Anyways gotta go, looking forward to meet your husband"
"Would be husb-

-band" I finished when he already cut the line, making me sigh. 

I've never once regretted the decision of keeping Yeji with me. There were difficulties, of course. But to this day, I've made it. I have thought of ending it all, but something always kept me apart from it. Sometimes Yeji, sometimes my family, friends.