Chapter 2: Family Sunday

Namjoon Pov

"Is that my little girl?" My mom said smiling happily as we entered the house. 

"Halmoni!! Annyeong!" Yeji smiled. Eomma bent down and pat her hair, leaving a soft kiss on her forehead.

"It's been so many days since I saw you, sweetheart"

"What do I do..Appa doesn't let me come!"

"That's enough, I did now, didn't I ?" I cleared my throat, distracting them from their conversation

"You both make yourselves comfy and have breakfast first" mom said.

At the dinner table, I started putting the plates and stuff in the table.

"Joon-ah, you don't have to do all these, I can do all these" my mom interrupted

"Wae? I'm not a guest here, as well do some helping. I don't want to be useless" I defended.

"It's not like that, honey. You're my son, I know I didn't raise you like that. Besides it wasn't about you being useless. It's about you breaking these" Yeji immediately burst into laughter after she said that.

"Eomma! How dare you say that in front of my child?" I shook my head, dramatically.

"Well, just give these to me and enjoy your visit at your mom's place for the first time" I knew, it was her way of pulling my leg reminding me how rare I visit them.

Well it's not like, I'm fucking busy 24 hours with rarely even time for Yeji and most importantly myself.
No, totally not that

The four of us sat in the table, mom passing us the breakfast items one by one.

"Mmm, halmoni. This strawberry pie is so good! I haven't had it in years!" Yeji said, clearly satisfied with her pie.

"You just said you hate strawberries this morning while brushing your teeth, honey" I teasingly said.

"Papa, you need to find the difference between a strawberry flavored toothpaste made for a 4 y/o and a strawberry pie made by halmoni" She rolled her eyes. Eomma and Appa burst into laughter after hearing her give lecture.

"You might have to work with your confidence a little, honey. You gotta respect your Appa you know?"

"Ah please Namjoon-ah, she isn't wrong. Strawberry flavored toothpastes are only made for toddlers just like different candy flavoured medicine syrups made for kids" My Appa defended.

Talk about family betrayal

"Alright, enough. Drop the strawberry toothpaste thing. You know Joon-ah, you could've told us that you were visiting, I would've made more stuff for Yeji"

"Eomma, you need to get that I don't get all of the time in this universe to pay you guys recent visits. I try to balance all out, it's not that easy"

"So you'll rather make the kid forget that her grandparents exist? You know, that's why I've been suggesting-

"Ahem..I think we shouldn't go any further in this topic at breakfast table, honey. We should talk about this later" Appa cleared his throat, stoping mom from saying further.  What was she talking about though

_________________________

After breakfast, we decided to take rest and to stay here for some hours or so. Yeji went to the guest room, apparently she saw some interesting books in her Bujida's room. So, she gotta investigate what was it about.
Curious princess.

It's so hard to tell that she's only 5, turning 6 next October. Because she literally talks like an adult, sometimes even shocking me with her ideas and speech. She has her love towards sweets, especially strawberry related things, stuff toys, lip glosses and books. She may have gotten this habit from no one other than me; courtesy of me reading and discovering books in front of her I guess.