Chapter 12 : Touch the smile

Third Person Pov

"Yeji-ah can you please eat quickly, honey? We're running late" Namjoon said frustratedly as he packed Yeji's lunch in her lunchbox, because they were running really late today he only managed to pack toasts and omelette for her.
Super simple and Namjoon's guilty. Cooking just wasn't his cup of tea, not to mention they were already running late.

"Appa! How many times do I have to tell you to not rush me in anything? I hate rushing things man.." she said in a bored tone, biting on her sandwich.

"Watch your tone, dear daughter. I won't tolerate any bad manners with me" Yeji rolled her eyes teasingly when he was looking the other way.

"Here's your lunch. Eat well, okay?"

"Papa, this is called lunch in your dictionary? It's just some plain toasts and omelette" Yeji gagged opening the box.

"Too much dramatic, aren't you? We're running late honey, c'mon give me some credit" Namjoon said taking a last sip from his coffee, picking the keys, walking through the door with Yeji.

"I forgot to tell you Appa..Wooyoung's throwing a tea party tomorrow and I wanna go! Could you please tell Yoongi Poongi to drop me?" Namjoon frowned

"Why do you need Yoongi to drop you? I can drop you myself"

"...I thought you'll be busy so I asked for Yoongi Poongi"

That's when it hits him. Yeji thought he'll be too busy for her to even drop her at her friend's place. Namjoon hasn't been too distanced from Yeji, has he? He tries, he tries so bad but he always ends up making Yeji be dependent on someone else.

"No- I don't have any work, I can drop you, sweetie" Namjoon smiled hoping the younger would love the idea. And she did, the big smile on Yeji's face said so. Dragon eyes crinkling, dimples full on display.
Yeji was a cutie.

"Okay, Papa! I'll tell Youngie that I'm coming!" Yeji jumped opening the door, jumping into the sit.

"Woah, hold yourself kid" Namjoon reminded as he got into his own sit and started driving.

To be honest, he has been stressing out about telling Yeji about him and Jimin for a while now. He just can't get himself to speak in the right moment, hence he always makes excuses of delaying it.
Namjoon stopped the car in front of the school.

"Bye, Papa!" Yeji said getting out of the car, waving at him.

"Bye, baby! Don't go anywhere with anyone else except me, Halmeoni and Yoongi hyung, okay? Don't take anything from strangers!" He yelled out, waving still.

" 'Kay, Appa got it. I'm not a kid now, ugh!" She huffed, disappearing into the crowd.

Yeji was a kid but she had anger issues like an adult. Well, not the serious kind but the kind where she'll get extremely angry whenever someone will remind her about something. Maybe that's a new generation thing?
Because if Namjoon remembers, he wasn't like this when he was a child. He was active yeah, but never this much arrogant. Maybe she got it from her biological father.

Just at the mention of Yeji's biological father, Namjoon's breath hitched.
He should start thinking about something positive.. something that makes him happy.

Jimin..he hasn't called Jimin since two days. God..he was embarrassed and running late at the moment. So he chose to call Jimin when he'll reach his office.

Entering the office greeted with many good mornings he entered his room, letting out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.
He dialed a number in the telephone. [Idk if people still use that, I'll be a lil vintage here ;-;]