Part Twelve: Turbulence

A/N: Sorry this took a while

A/N: Sorry this took a while. Somehow the chapters are getting longer so it takes me longer to get them finished! I've got this posted quickly before I go out, so apologies for any typos etc!

Content warnings: smut, public hand job on a plane because why not, oral sex (female receiving), slight soft!dom Bucky, edging.

___________

So, won't you carry me back to California
I've been on the road too long
Take me to the West Coast, daddy
And let me be where I belong
Back To California - Carole King

___________

Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport, en route to LAX
March 25th 1975

"Bucky, you're not breathing."

The sound of her voice brings Bucky out of his trance and he exhales heavily beside her. He's been staring at the embroidered Delta logo on the seat in front of him since they sat down. When he glances over, Adeline is looking at him with the big doe eyes that make him cave into her every desire. Although this time, there's concern glistening in the greens and golds of her irises. He has a cigarette tucked between the index and middle fingers of his left hand, pinky and ring fingers tapping away on the armrest. He tenses his other hand, only just realising that he's gripping Adeline's so tightly with it that his knuckles are white and hers are very, very squished. She may have to ice them when they get back to Malibu.

The plane hasn't even started moving yet.

Bucky hates flying. Always has. He hates that he's not in control, he hates that the air hostesses are overly friendly as if they're making up for something, and more than anything, he hates the tickling nauseous feeling he gets in his stomach every time the plane does that weird little dippy motion in turbulence.

Despite the anxiety that's been following him around like a shadow in the lead up to flying back to California, Bucky has had a pretty great week. He came first in the Atlanta 500. It was one of the smoothest races he's ever driven in and he came away from talking to the press afterwards feeling on top of the world. He and Adeline celebrated by staying in bed the whole day after. They ordered everything on the room service menu and took two bubble baths. Snacking and bathing between napping and sex. Bucky felt like he'd died and gone to heaven.

Now, he's in hell. Hell disguised as Delta flight DL355.

"I don't get it, you were fine when we flew to New York?" Adeline questions him softly.

Bucky turns to her with a pained smile.

"I was putting on a brave face." He confesses. A warm flush of embarrassment works its way up his neck and he turns away as his cheeks and ears burn pink.