Chapter 21

"I'm done!" Ashton shouted, throwing his pencil across the room.

"Pardon?" Luke asked, looking up from his homework.

"I'm finally done." Ashton sighed and leaned back in his chair. "I finished my research paper."

"Goodie for you. Want a celebratory kiss?" Luke asked hopefully.

"Pass." Ashton put his papers away. "And this paper could get me a scholarship to any college I want."

"I didn't ask but okay." Luke sulked.

"How's your work coming?" Ashton asked, refusing to let a pouty Luke ruin his mood.

"It's not. It's like a virgin." Luke sighed and tossed his work aside. "Break time."

"No, Luke." Ashton said. "It's already Sunday and you still have to do the math work."

"I still have all day today to finish it." Luke complained. "I at least wanna eat breakfast before I start math."

"Fine, I suppose we could." Ashton agreed reluctantly.

Luke led them down to the kitchen and got out cereal and bread.

"What? We're not having caviar and lobster for breakfast?" Ashton asked sarcastically.

"Sorry, that's for lunch." Luke said. He threw bread at Ashton. "Make toast."

"Don't tell me what to-"

"I'll study for science if you do." Luke persuaded and Ashton shoved pieces of bread into the toaster.

Yesterday had consisted of Luke trying and failing at attempting to do his work as well as to get Ashton to open up about last night.

Even though he had confessed to Luke the real reason why people called him 'that name', he refused to acknowledge it had even happened. Instead, he pushed Luke to work harder on his homework and Luke was tired of studying recursive rules and whatever else.

"Do you think you're ready for the test tomorrow?" Ashton asked.

"Meh." Luke shrugged.

"That's not very hopeful." Ashton said.

"I'm not very hopeful." Luke grabbed the toast when it popped out of the toaster.

Ashton sighed but didn't say anything as they finished cooking and brought their plates back to Luke's room.

-

"Come on, all you have left to do is the packet." Ashton tried to persuade.

Luke groaned and rolled off his bed. "But I don't wanna! Its like three whole pages of hell!"

"Luke it's past noon and you still haven't started it!" Ashton was annoyed with Luke but also with himself. He had been distracted by the giant movie screen TV and the three indoor pools and sauna and he found it hard to concentrate on making Luke do his work.

Luke noticed Ashton's looking at one of the pools. He smiled slyly and stood up. "We can do it poolside."

"What? No! Come on, I'll even help you with the packet." Ashton turned his back on the pool.

"Just a quick swim. The water is heated and I can add bubbles." Luke winked.

Ashton bit his lip and looked back at the pool. "I don't have a suit."

"We can go skinny dipping!" Luke giggled and clapped his hands. He ran off to the pool.

"Wait Luke! No!" Ashton ran after him.